Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

When you make your decision, simply let us know in this thread (i.e. post again) – so that not only myself, but my other Support Team colleagues can see and try to assist as well.

😎

osseo Friend

Hi Tom,

Sorry it took me a while to follow up with this question. But when you said the “three modules are not uniform in length” on my homepage – how can I get them in “uniform length”? I’m not sure how I can add in white space or restrict the height in those modules so they will all align nicely on the homepage.

Please advise, thanks.
    Emily

phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

<blockquote>Is it possible to eliminated the spaces in between so it appears to be one column with white background? Please see example here: http://jlamp.district279.org/</blockquote>

You can try to put below css styles into then end of templates/ja_nex/css/template.css file:

#Mod222 {
    border-bottom: 0;
    }

#Mod258 {
    border-top: 0;
    }

#Mod157 {
    }

Then clear JAT3 cache then.

Note: The Mod222 (i.e) is the ID of the module.

TomC Moderator

Emily:

Was Leo’s proposed solution to your issue helpful?

osseo Friend

Hi Tom and Leo,

Sorry, I just saw the notification of reply now. I’ve added in the code and it works good for me, however, when I try to add the code to connect the “Youtube video” module 203, it didn’t works as well. It created a gap in between mod 157 and 203.
    See here: http://jlamp.district279.org/

#Mod203 {border-top: 0;}
    How can I modify the space around that so it will all fit in one column? I’m trying to minimize the gaps between each module on the homepage so it looks cleaner.

Thanks,
    Emily

phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

At this time, your website’s url can not be accessible so that I can’t check it carefully for you. But, you can try to add !important after css style. i.e:

#Mod203 {
    border-top: 0 !important;
    }

Then remember to clear JAT3 cache.

osseo Friend

Hi Leo,
    Sorry the site was not available, I did add in “!important;” but that didn’t help.
    Please see my screenshot as example. Thanks.

1. homepage
    phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

The reason that Youtube module (Custom HTML) doesn’t stay in same column as Mod157 and Mod258 because they are assigned to different position.

You can try to go to Youtube module’s backend and assign it to sl1-3 position, then clear JAT3 cache. They will stay in one column then.

osseo Friend

Yes, that was the problem. Thank you for pointing it out!
    Follow up question:
    1. How can I reduce the white spacing between each one of those modules in the sl1-3 position so they can be “tighter” together?
    2. Is it possible to extend the “featured news” module so I can add more articles under the main article without photos? I’m trying to make it even with the other 2 columns on the right.

Thanks again.
    Emily

phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

You can make the sl1-3 position modules tighter by putting below css styles into templates/ja_nex/css/template.css file:

div.ja-moduletable .ja-box-ct, div.moduletable .ja-box-ct { padding: 0 15px !important; }

On the JA News Featured module’s requirement, i’d like to suggest you to refer our JA Nex userguide at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-nex-template-for-joomla-2-5/ . You can know what settings we set in this module’s backend. Then remember to clear JAT3 cache.

osseo Friend

Hi Leo,

I just notices there is a gap between between the facebook (module #157) and youtube (module #203) on the sl1-3 position. Here are what I have in the template.css, can you tell me what I’m missing?
    #Mod222 {
    }

#Mod258 {
    }

#Mod157 {
    }

#Mod203 {
    }

Also, I’m wondering is it possible to make the images in the feature news module auto re-sizable so it will adjust with the user screen size?

Thanks,
    Emily

phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

In order to remove the gap between Youtube video and Facebook module, you can open template.css file, change:

div.ja-moduletable .ja-box-ct, div.moduletable .ja-box-ct {
    padding: 0 15px !important;
    }

to

div.ja-moduletable .ja-box-ct, div.moduletable .ja-box-ct {
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

<blockquote>I’m wondering is it possible to make the images in the feature news module auto re-sizable so it will adjust with the user screen size?</blockquote>

The JA Nex template on T3v2 framework which is not supported with responsive feature by default so that I will take much time of you to make the images of JA News Featured module automatically re-sized on user screen sizes. I suggest you to hire an Joomla developer who have enough time and ability to help you handling this customization task.

Beside that, i just want to lets you know that our template devs have already released a new version of JA Nex template to run on our robust new T3v3 framework, which means that it supports responsive including the JA News Featured module’s images as you required.

You can refer the detailed information at http://www.joomlart.com/updates/joomla-templates/responsive-joomla-template-for-news-ja-nex-now-on-t3v3-framework . This is a different version of JA Nex template on different system plugin that means you will need to rebuild the website as new project when you want to use this new version.

osseo Friend

Hi Leo,

1. When I remove the 15px, it actually remove the padding on the left side padding of the module box and the top padding is already at 0px, but the top gap is still there. Where else should I look for?

2. Follow up question on the link you provided about T3V3, it says the templates with T3V2 will no longer be supported? Is that true? Does that means I will have to choose an new template that supports T3V3 framework? Since I’m almost got my content done with this Ja nex template I will hate to switch them now where I have to redo all that work again… unless there is an easier way to transition the content into a new template?

Please advise, thanks.
    Emily

phong nam Friend

Hi Emily,

1. Yeah, I saw it. You can try on another css style below:

#Mod203 .ja-box-ct {
    margin-top: -25px;
    }

Clear JAT3 cache then too.

2. Not yet, you just keep going on with your current JA Nex template running JAT3v2 framework if you want, we still support all user’s requests on this version.

But, there will no any new update of this JA Nex template on older JAT3v2 version. I will be better that you can backup and upgrade to new version running on our robust T3v3 framework as soon as possible. Wait !, lets wait for our QA team some time to finish the detailed documentantion on how to upgrade to lastest JA Nex template. With that docs, you can perform the upgrading more safely and successfully.

cndglobal Friend

Osseo
    Could you share your mega menu css file?
    – – – – – – – – –
    I am working with the blue NEX and would like to have the same style in my mega menu drop down as your site.
    https://jlamp.district279.org/
    I was able to follow the posts and change the background and the mouse over colors but still need to change the text color.
    Thanks,
    cndglobal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum