Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Hi all. Does anyone know how to change the font color in mega-menu child items?…since the background and the font color are dark the both, it´s difficult to read it.

Thanks in advance

TomC Moderator

<em>@hcardenas 305596 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all. Does anyone know how to change the font color in mega-menu child items?…since the background and the font color are dark the both, it´s difficult to read it.

Thanks in advance</blockquote>
    So that I may try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on,
    as well as set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–General Settings

SHoggard Friend

I have the same problem with CHILD menu titles: http://www.packwebasia.net

TomC Moderator

Within file path –> /templates/ja_nex/css/menu/mega.css

at line 61, you will see the following:

<blockquote>.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega a.mega {
    color: #666;
    text-shadow: none;
    border: none !important;
    padding: 8px 0px 8px 20px;
    margin: 0px;
    }
    </blockquote>

Modify the “color” parameter to the hex color code of your choice.
    For example, if you wanted to make the font color white, you would modify the CSS as follows . . .

<blockquote>.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega a.mega {
    color: #FFF;
    text-shadow: none;
    border: none !important;
    padding: 8px 0px 8px 20px;
    margin: 0px;
    }
    </blockquote>

Hope That Helps.

🙂

hcardenas Friend

It works. Thank you very much.

Sorry for not giving you the url. I just took my site live.

TomC Moderator

<em>@hcardenas 305886 wrote:</em><blockquote>It works. Thank you very much.

Sorry for not giving you the url. I just took my site live.</blockquote>
    Glad I could assist . . . . and, luckily, SHoggard provided a url – so we were able to resolve the issue for both of you.

🙂

All the best with your continuing site development !!!

osseo Friend

<em>@TomC 305841 wrote:</em><blockquote>Within file path –> /templates/ja_nex/css/menu/mega.css

at line 61, you will see the following:

Modify the “color” parameter to the hex color code of your choice.
    For example, if you wanted to make the font color white, you would modify the CSS as follows . . .

Hope That Helps.

:)</blockquote>

Hi Tom,

Can you show me where you can change the background color? I couldn’t find the code that works in the “/templates/ja_nex/css/menu/mega.css” and I also went into the /templates/ja_nex/themes/blue/css/menu/mega.css but couldn’t find the code that matches with my current dropdown menu background color (black) either. See my site example url here: https://jlamp.district279.org/

Thanks!
    Emily

TomC Moderator

Just so I understand what you’re asking … what kind of color are you wanting for your mega menu dropdown background? Or, is it some other background color element you’re asking about?

osseo Friend

I just want to change the background color and front color in the mega drop down menu from black to something else so it’s easier to read. Can you tell me the code for that? Also, which file controls the footer that’s in the ja nex template? Thanks!

osseo Friend

Ok, I was able to change the dropdown menu background in templateja_nexcssmenumega.css

.ja-megamenu .childcontent-inner { background: #41386b color: #666 }
    background from 222 to 41386b
    see example here: http://jlamp.district279.org/

However, I can’t find the code for the “mouse over” state, which is in black color right now.
    Can you show me where I can change that to “sliver gray” d3d8d6?

And where I can find the “footer” module so I can put some text in the area on the very bottom purple bar.

Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi osseo,

It seems that Blue is your default theme now, right? You can open file: /templates/ja_nex/theme/blue/css/menu/mega.css and add this css rule:

.ja-megamenu ul.level1 li.mega a.mega.over {
    background: #d3d8d6 ;
    }

Remember to clean JAT3 cache then.

Hope this helps 🙂

TomC Moderator

osseo … did Saguaros’ recommendation resolve your issue?

osseo Friend

Hi TomC,

Yes, thank you for following up with me. I thought I hit the “Thanks” button which indicates the problem solved.
    Do you know can I add those to the “custom.css”? I like to keep al the custom styles in one place so I remember to modify them in the same style sheet.

I’m also need to adjust the module space between each modules. For example there are 3 modules in the sl-3 position and there is a “thin space” between each module. Is it possible to eliminated the spaces in between so it appears to be one column with white background? Please see example here: http://jlamp.district279.org/

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

Constructively speaking, are you sure you want to change that? Personally, I think it looks great as it stands right now – as it provides for a nice color-contrast “separation” and/or focus for the various articles and information you want your target audience to view. It may look a bit cluttered otherwise.

However, if you still want to try to do what you mention above, it’s going to take a bit of trial-and-error experimentation with several different CSS rules. Also, the three modules are not uniform in length – which makes it a bit more difficult as well.

osseo Friend

Ok, let me think about this more. If I decide to go through this, may I PM you and maybe you can tell me how to proceed on changing all the css? Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum