Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)
  • Author

<em>@davib 39149 wrote:</em><blockquote>I disagree ..I think some people will continue with 1.014 projetcs. the Joomla core team themselves have said if you dont need to go 1.5 immediately dont. It will take some time for people to get their heads around it.

Though I do agree the energy should be put into 1.5</blockquote>

I agree with davib.

teetide Friend

<em>@bigrk 39150 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with davib.</blockquote>

Make that two of us. I refuse to leave 1.0 until all my extensions work properly in 1.5.

ShannonN Friend

TeeTide;39153Make that two of us. I refuse to leave 1.0 until all my extensions work properly in 1.5.

I think many ppl will be cautious about totally embracing J 1.5 immediately, it wil take time for template and extension makers to get it right first time, till then I’d not try to convert older Joomla sites, however any new sites I’m going to do in 1.5 and save all the hassles of transferring/modding later, also I see developing a new site as a great way to get my head around 1.5 and a learning curve.

In 12 months time I expect to see template and extension support for 1. xxx drop and concentrate on 1.5 that kinda time frame gives all a chance to move on

Shanny

ErikThorsen Friend

Wow, lot of discussion here and soon one of the longest topics on the forum I am sure.

1: I want 2 templates a month, that is why I signed up.
    2: I could go for 1 template a month but that would really have to prove “worthwhile” as many other have stated. If the quality isn’t improved then I would feel really cheated.

Problem: Who decides what is great quality? Each time a new template has been released a lot of people cheer and say it is wonderful. The other half complain it is built on an old one and not that new and innovative.

Possible solution:?? Well, if JA created templates depending on customers wishes, then perhaps 1 a month would be enough. Then people vote for what they want to see next. Also including screenshot perhaps or at least information about what they like/dislike and then voting on it. Perhaps that would secure the quality. I don’t know. There aren’t any really good solutions to this I think.

The easiest would most likely be for JA to hire 1 more designer, create 1 new stunning template each month and then do an “upgrade” of one of the “old” templates. This way we would have 1 new and one revamped template each month. Obviously they would need to add some time and effort into creating the revamped version.

It will be exciting times to see what happens now. Other clubs emerge and are starting to deliver “great stuff” as well, so the competition gets harder every month now.

Personally I hope JA can find 1 or 2 really skilled designers to help out and still be able to deliver 2 templates each month, but with higher quality then they currently do.

My 5 cents to the discussion

instantinlaw Friend

ErikThorsen;39205Wow, lot of discussion here and soon one of the longest topics on the forum I am sure.

1: I want 2 templates a month, that is why I signed up.
    2: I could go for 1 template a month but that would really have to prove “worthwhile” as many other have stated. If the quality isn’t improved then I would feel really cheated.

Problem: Who decides what is great quality? Each time a new template has been released a lot of people cheer and say it is wonderful. The other half complain it is built on an old one and not that new and innovative.

Possible solution:?? Well, if JA created templates depending on customers wishes, then perhaps 1 a month would be enough. Then people vote for what they want to see next. Also including screenshot perhaps or at least information about what they like/dislike and then voting on it. Perhaps that would secure the quality. I don’t know. There aren’t any really good solutions to this I think.

The easiest would most likely be for JA to hire 1 more designer, create 1 new stunning template each month and then do an “upgrade” of one of the “old” templates. This way we would have 1 new and one revamped template each month. Obviously they would need to add some time and effort into creating the revamped version.

It will be exciting times to see what happens now. Other clubs emerge and are starting to deliver “great stuff” as well, so the competition gets harder every month now.

Personally I hope JA can find 1 or 2 really skilled designers to help out and still be able to deliver 2 templates each month, but with higher quality then they currently do.

My 5 cents to the discussion

Hi Erik,
    Nice to see you on the forum.
    So far you have the best suggestions I have seen regarding this discussion. If JA changed to a compiled version your format I think they would not only satisfy both sitdes of this discussuion, but they would also offer a whole new concept in template clubs.
    BRAVO!

schlogo Friend

Hello

I am sorry to interrupt this nice conversation. By the way, I believe the last comment made by erik is very good. Now, i am living 80 lines below this section, in the support section for Avian. Can someone explain why we see absolutly no support there? I see this templates with bugs around and a new one juste coming out….

I don’t know how you are organised but I think you should name someone responsable for the support and organize some kind of communication between developpersm designers, customers, and moderators

Please, send someone there, everyone gets frustrated. Some of you might think it’s not the place to complain about bugs, right but it might be the only one where to get someone to answer

tks

ErikThorsen Friend

Yes Bill, I am back. Naturally I am a bit less on the forums now as I have had a steady stream of workload lately. So from now on all my comments will be outstanding and perfected. šŸ™‚

@schlogo, sorry to hear you are experiencing such big problems with your template. I do hope someone tend to your questions soon. Support people aren’t too many of around here and everyone do their best to help the best they can. Hopefully someone can look at your issues as well.

Good luck all of you and hope to be somewhat more active again.

dragonlord Friend

Is there any Timeline we can expect an decision of to change to one template per mounth or not?

Michael Casha Friend

NO decision will be made until we give the appropriate opportunity for all our customers to vote.

zorroh Friend

what i must do, when i want change my vote for this poll? thing is, that i paid for 2 templates in month and that is what was reason for me to join JA… and i even dont care about bugs, because what i want is idea for design. extra modules and plugins is good, but more import for me is design.

elfenwald Friend

…just to explain my vote (for reducing to 1 templ/m):

the template market is highly competetive. As you can see from my example (I am a new customer and after a couple of days fighting with not-so-perfect releases and zero support from staff very close to asking for a refund and end my visit here…) having the most beautiful templates around (YES! that’s why I came here) is not enough.

Less innovation, more support, more QA/QM.
    Most of us do not change to a new design every month, but we need support to be available when we need it, and well tested releases, updates, full and timely support for new Joomla-versions, etc.

So better focus on one new release per month and put more effort in aftersales support.
    Just my thoughts, of course – anyone can choose any path in life…;-)

zorroh Friend

but i think its time to hire more staff, because 2 templates in month is big buy reason for anyone. i think that people can pay even more when they get 2 templates (or more) and support too. every developer can do that, because they earning back all money what they raised for templates..

one7media Friend

After reading through a couple of the threads on the delay of JA Barite 1.0.x, it makes me wonder if the 1.0.x releases are going to be considered the “2nd” template of the month. šŸ˜‰

deva Friend

Hello there

i have read and understood your situation terms are terms when they are aplied to customers they should aply same way for you when i took devoloper license the terms told me i will have 2 templates per month ……..

now if you say you need time and only give 1 template per month then i suggest that you should do so but extend our licence for next one year or for half year (in condition that new templates are free of bugs what we see in demo should be same when we do clean install etc)

thats only my suggetion and my opinion after that i am part of joomlart comunity and i respect the decision

i know there are alredy so many nice templates made by you but each client project we work is unic and i myself like to modify the template as i want and not just use them as it is so in that case we need more posibilities and choice to choose templates

i hope my point is clear sorry for my english again i dont say you should do as i say what i feel may be i am wrong šŸ™‚

thanks

ruskenb Friend

Hello all,

The said outcome looks interesting.

Actually my intention of having this account in the first place is because of expecting varieties of templates to choose from, 2 templates per month. This is the main different from the other template provider, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Taking this away would bring a big minus point. My personal feeling is that by doing 1 template per month seems like putting the fault on the clients (us) maybe for asking or seeking much support or troubleshooting on templates. I think you should counter offer this consequence with some better offers (like extending our account expiration period for the existing club members) if you are to proceed with 1 template per month. Anyway I respect with whatever outcome is going to be.

Just my piece of mind.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 181 total)

This topic contains 181 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum