Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)
  • Author

Dear valued members,
    Happy new year and hope you all have best luck and happiness in the year 2008.

As suggested by some members during the past time as well as it has come to a time when we need more time on support because of different versions of Joomla (1.1.x and 1.5.x) , I would like to create a poll and get your feedback so that JA can make the right decision to offer the best services and products to our club members.

A. Reason for the change to 1 template per month

1. Joomla! now has more versions and more third party components, which means that more works and testing must be carried out to release a bug free template.
    2. In 2 year time (or at lease this year until J!1.5 stable is released), we need to release 2 download packages and 2 quickstart installations for Joomla 1.1 and 1.5
    3. The J! 1.5 has more parameters and more built-in features (mootools, templates parameters…) which means that we can provide more variations for a template
    4. There are more and more template providers and again only quality templates survive. And when there are many options, you will think about “who has the best” rather than “who has the most”
    5. If we change to 1 template, it does not mean that JA works less and you have less, look at the section B.

B. What you can expect to receive

1. Certainly better quality templates, more configurations and template variations. The design team has more time for creation of an outstanding design concept rather than just hurry to release a “good-looking” one.
    2. More built-in or optional features delivered along with the template. If you have seen the integration of JA News, JA Slideshow, JA moomenu, JA Virtuemart… in the year 2007, you will see more similar addons. With certain outstanding templates, we can provide solutions so that you can use it either as a shopping cart or a music portal etc.
    3. The templates will be delivered on time with available download packages. Currently, the 1.5 version normally sees the release in 1 or 2 days late.
    4. Detailed visual userguides aided by commented pictures or video from A to Z. You will easily handle JA templates even if today is the first day you know about Joomla.
    5. More time and efforts will be spent on support in forum and via our ticket system. Joomla 1.5 is more a framework than a standard CMS system, which means that you are going to install more extensions (out of 2598 available)

C. Is there anything else do I have along with this change?.
    In the year 2008, JA will bring to you a new service called JA EXCHANGE for club members, this will be a place where club members can share modifications, variations, customization of JA templates. All members will have a chance to redesign JA templates and I believe among our 14034 members, there are always talented web developers

D. When the change will be applied.
    If we receive positive feedbacks and preferred votings for about 2 weeks, the change will be applied within this January.

mfcphil Friend

Quality over quantity…I have been saying this for age.
    Rocket themes only bring out one per month and lets all be honest you can tell who’s templates look the fresher. (no disrespect meant).

I think it has to happen.

Hung Dinh Friend

Thank mfcphil, I feel more confident in making this change. If a designer have more time to refresh the creation, he will have something fresher to show.
    JA anf RT approach the web design in 2 opposite ways and I do believe each club have different fan club 🙂 It is a matter of taste

kicr Friend

I think this is the right decission Hung! I’m currently reworking my site with the Ja Teline template. And i have to say that the Ja News makes trouble. And if we can expect more quality, I hope everyone will vote for 1 template per month.

Thanks for this poll!

desdevlover Friend

I want this change NOW! 🙂

vince2 Friend

I’m definitely in favor of quality over quantity. For my money, JA has had the better templates of any one else, but that’s probably because I’m more interested in clean, business-oriented websites than heavy, graphic-oriented sites.

I’d like to see more robust templates (i.e., all the functionality works as advertised), more tutorials that help members work with JA templates, improved support from JA and, yes, an “exchange” by which members can share ideas and help each other.

If this can be accomplished by providing one versatile template each month on the anticipated day that works as expected out of the box, then I’m all for the one template per month option.

perdu Friend

I’m happy with one template a month. I’d especially like to see some 4 column templates, clean designs and with loads of interesting and flexible module positions .

eamonmoriarty Friend

I would be happy with 1 good template a month if there was better support for getting modules and extensions working.

bigrk Friend

As long as we are going to see new and fresh designs I would opt for one a month. If you are going to just reuse an older template as you have done quite a bit in 2007 I will just leave at the end of my current membership.

teetide Friend

If you do this, you should DOUBLE the time remaining on current members subscriptions. That way they still get the same number of QUALITY templates they paid to get.

The only older template I want to see reused is Teline. in fact, I wish this month’s template would be a new variant of the Teline template. Kind of a Teline II, like Rockettheme did with their Versatility template.

PLEASE issue a Teline II template for the mid-January release.

Thanks.

Michael Casha Friend

Maybe we can trial this for 2 months, and see how you guys like it?

antoniu1 Friend

Happy New Year everyone!

To be honest, I think that you have decided to switch already and wish to do it ‘nicely’. 😉

I became a member because it is promised to have two templates a month. So now I have to do with less? Doesn’t feel too good, to be honest. And I am wondering what happens if I still have to correct many small bugs and stuff myself after you switch to one a month? I am aware this doesn’t sound nice perhaps, but still, it is a very reasonable question.

I don’t see any promises for better support? I find that that has been lacking quite. Now THERE would be a great reason for switching, but unfortunately it isn’t a reason in your list. This is so important too! Why not that?

I also would like to see extensive assisting with converting my current template to 1.5 when the time comes. The enormous amount of changes made to the template make it impossible to just install the template in 1.5 and then change everything again. So, together with the better support, I favour that as a good reason to switch.

I own a company. I cannot switch templates all the time? So support and assisting with converting to 1.5 would be more interesting for me. But again, I LIKE the two a month. :p

Cheers!
    Tom

teetide Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 35957 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe we can trial this for 2 months, and see how you guys like it?</blockquote>

No.

You promised 24 quality templates. I expect 24 quality templates regardless of how long it takes. I cannot use every template you produce. Only certain ones. If you cut the number of templates you provide by half, chances of me finding one I can use drop by half.

JA should provide us the number of templates we paid for whether they do it one per month or two per month. The easy answer is simply to double the time remaining on everyone’s membership if you go to one template per month.

Create a Teline II template with updated features and I might feel differently. Once I have what I need the remaining number of templates won’t matter so much.

perdu Friend

<em>@TeeTide 35956 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The only older template I want to see reused is Teline. in fact, I wish this month’s template would be a new variant of the Teline template.
    PLEASE issue a Teline II template for the mid-January release.
    Thanks.</blockquote>

Yes with 4 columns! – a left, mainbody and 2 rights 😉

Hung Dinh Friend

@teetide and perdu

Your wishlist will certainly be implimented, I have not got a time frame but I believe it will be released in the first 3 release of 2008

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 181 total)

This topic contains 181 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum