Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I noticed that another page I cannot change the background on is the contact page. No matter what I put in the Masthead module it just shows the default background. Is this hard coded somewhere? If so, why? I would expect that if you are changing the setting in the Masthead module to set the background on a certain page that it would set it no matter what. I Noticed that it is also not taking the text you set, but rather the text from the Contact you have that page set to. I thought maybe it was like the article page and I should set the image in the contact, but doing that kept the same background and added the new image on top of that but smaller. I looked at the code for your custom contact page but I don’t see anything that sets the background. I managed to get it set through CSS, but that is not ideal. I would rather keep the management in one central location. Is this a bug or something you did intentionally?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Have you solved it? I saw you changed from templates/ja_mono/css/custom.css file with

.jamasthead {
      background-image: url("../../../../../images/printbody.jpg");
    }

Regards

jingato Friend

Yes, I "solved" it. But I had to do what I would consider a hack. Can you please fix this bug so that the component works as expected? It should always change to what it is set to in the backend. Isn’t that what the backend setting are for?

Ninja Lead Moderator

The masthead left bar on Contact page is loading from
    templates/ja_mono/html/layouts/joomla/contact/masthead.php file, I am afraid you can not have the option to add the image on that, you have to make a custom directly on this file.

upweb Friend

The core part handling this is the default.php under the article folder.

considering Joomla uses articles also to compose standard web pages, I would agree that a more general solution for the masthead should be used.

It should be possible to change the masthead picture for both blog articles and web page articles, no matter what.

At the moment, in order to be able to change the masthead images for web page articles using the masthead module I need to change the above mentioned php file, but by doing so we lose some features (like NEXT ARTICLE and PREVIOUS ARTICLE buttons) for the Blog articles.

In the related ticket (https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/previous-next-article/) I identified a line that could be possibly changed in order to have a better result.

Can you think of any way to meet our requirements?

thanks

Ninja Lead Moderator

@upweb: You should follow this thread for your question, it would be helpful for the community if someone has the same question.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum