Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Even if we activated the Previous and next article links on the blog articles, these are shown at the bottom but not on the masthead as the standard template.
    Also, the BLOG and date fields are missing from the masthead.

thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    could u edit your first post and post your site details to check your site issue .
    Make sure you did not have any custom work in article php files .

upweb Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Kindly post your site super user admin details and FTP details of site via Private reply .

upweb Friend

Hi,

I confirm that the issue is related to having renamed the folder article under com_content into "article_old".
    This was suggested in order to use the masthead also for articles, so to have a different image for each article in the masthead position only (and not in the body of the article as well).
    Unfortunately, by doing so, we lose lots of features as the PREVIOUS and NEXT buttons.

Do you have a better suggestion to use masthead in order to have an image for each article only on the masthead position without overriding the mentioned php?

thanks

upweb Friend

Hi,

Maybe it helps in the investigation: I tried commenting the following line of default.php file under the article folder:

$doc->setBuffer($masthead, array(‘type’ => ‘modules’, ‘name’ => ‘masthead’, ‘title’ => ”));

By doing this I achieve the desired result of getting the masthead also for the articles but I lose anyway the NEXT – PREVIOUS parts.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    As i explain in your last post when u disable the article folder it loads the normal layout and shows the standard button of the next and previous article as u can see in your article , the top part of the masthead is designed in this way .sidebar (info links ) is put in the masthead to show , so when u disable masthead it also not show> http://prntscr.com/9m8y3z . If u want the header design of masthead u need to use it in the same way.

upweb Friend

Let me see if I understood correctly.
    The only way to have blog articles different from web page articles is to keep the current article/default.php.

Nevertheless in this way we cannot use the masthead module to change title and image on the masthead of a web page article, but only using the standard Joomla approach (article main image, etc.).
    In any case, by doing so, the image will be replicated in the top of the article AND in the masthead and there’s no way to avoid this?

thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

the top part of the masthead is designed in this way .sidebar (info links ) is put in the masthead to show , so when u disable masthead it also not show> http://prntscr.com/9m8y3z .
    The next prev is merged with the masthead code that comes from the /html/layout/joomla/content/masthead.php file when u remove the mashead call it will not use this file and use the standard masthead module title and image .Personally i spent a lot of time to make customization for u in it but unable to succeed . If u want the header design of masthead u need to use it in the same way or make customization in the template . And when u remove it navigation button will be there except not the same that comes with masthead .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum