Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello

first: excuse my english! :-[

Is it possible to change the theme color. We have 5 colors, but I want the color pink. This is it possible? And if so how?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

chavan Friend

<em>@kimou 228071 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello

first: excuse my english! :-[

Is it possible to change the theme color. We have 5 colors, but I want the color pink. This is it possible? And if so how?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.</blockquote>

Which template are you using ? Please tell me

If the Template you use has various color layouts . Then I hope you can find the change in color the following menu

Extension -> Templates Manager

Then Click on the Appropriate template and then a new page will open with the color changing option in a drop down to the right column

kimou Friend

<em>@Chavan 228095 wrote:</em><blockquote>Which template are you using ? Please tell me

If the Template you use has various color layouts . Then I hope you can find the change in color the following menu

Extension -> Templates Manager

Then Click on the Appropriate template and then a new page will open with the color changing option in a drop down to the right column</blockquote>

thank you but I had already seen these options, but there are only orange, green, purple, and gray. I would like to create a pink theme.

chavan Friend

<em>@kimou 228127 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you but I had already seen these options, but there are only orange, green, purple, and gray. I would like to create a pink theme.</blockquote>

The Following links would be Useful for you

http://docs.joomla.org/Storing_parameter_values

http://docs.joomla.org/Retrieving_parameter_data_in_a_template_file

http://docs.joomla.org/Defining_a_parameter_in_templateDetails.xml

This will help you add a new color them to your template

tropikana99 Friend

I have the same problem, and yes, I can use the above to change the parameters in the right places, but when I go to edit the sources files to get the color I need, the image is not sliced, so I cannot generate new images in the color I want to get the color I want.

I’m trying to change the color in JA Social to a darker blue, but the source psd file is not sliced, so I cannot export the slices to create the new look even though I have edited the file to get the color I need. I was able to change the colors in elements, but that only changed a few things. Stuff like module headers, footer and header background is only available in the full source that is not sliced.

chavan Friend

Ttropikana, If you need to create a new theme apart from the source PSD , Provided you have to make those changes in the source file and do the image changes.

tropikana99 Friend

Thanks for the fast reply. Really appreciate it. I made the changes in the file no rpoblem, but I cannot get the changes to the site, because the source psd file (index_blue.psd) is not sliced. Only one of the elements psd have slices in them (button.psd). The others do not need them. To change the colors of the background, the module header background, and the menu background, I cannot do so by edting the individual gif files, because some of them are gradients with overlays and bevels and patterns that I need the original source file for. I have that in the index file above, but because there are no slices in it, I cannot right now get the different color I want. See the attachment for the color I’m trying to get on the ja social site.

1. index_blue
    chavan Friend

I hope we can solve it using css. please provide your site url

tropikana99 Friend
    chavan Friend

To be changed is

Header background, and the menu background

Not the Footer Please confirm

Note: Do you want any else color to be changes?

tropikana99 Friend

Thanks in advance. I want the header and footer changed to match the blue in the attached file (#39547f) along with the module header background and any other elements that cannot be changed by css. I want to keep the white background as it is below the logo and the search box. Also keep the search box as is currrently.

1. index_blue
    chavan Friend

you can change all these below changes in this file http://www.edwardians.org/templates/ja_social/css/template.css

1. to change the whole background

Replace this Code

body#bd {
    background: url("/templates/ja_social/images/header-bg2.gif") repeat;
    color: #333333;
    }

With

body#bd {
    background:#39547F;
    color: #333333;
    }

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

2. to change the top background

Replace this Code

#ja-topbar {
    background: url("/templates/ja_social/images/header-bg2.gif") repeat;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2985A8;
    color: #BAE1EF;
    font-size: 11px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 16;
    }

With

#ja-topbar {
    background: #39547F;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #39547F;
    color: #BAE1EF;
    font-size: 11px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 16;
    }

3. to change the header Border

Replace this Code

#ja-header {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    border-top: 1px solid #4FAED2;
    margin-top: 29px;
    z-index: 13;
    }

With

#ja-header {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    border-top: 1px solid #39547F;
    }

3. to change the Menu Border

Replace this Code

#ja-mainnav {
    background: url("/templates/ja_social/images/trans-bg.png") repeat;
    }

With

#ja-mainnav {
    background: url("/templates/ja_social/images/trans-bg.png") repeat;
    }

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

tropikana99 Friend

Thanks for the pointers. The only thing remaining is the module header background in the right column of the template.

chavan Friend

You have not make the changes as suggested above.

ok No problem.

to remove the White background to the left and right of the header.

Replace this code

#ja-header {
    background:#FFFFFF;
    }

With

#ja-header {
    background:#39547F;
    }

Note: If you Find my Post useful please click on the Thanks Icon

tropikana99 Friend

Thanks again Chavan for the prompt reply and support. However, I want the white background on the header as it is. Thanks again for your support. Really got me what I needed to get the site looking right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  spenchase 12 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum