Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

[FONT=”Verdana”]Hello one and all.

Every now and then someone has a slightly different requirement than that of what a template can offer, sometimes this is a different look or a slightly different feature. In my case this was getting the template to work with Community Builder.

I posted a project on Joomlancers for template modification, the result was the modified popupuser tools module i have attached here. This work was done by a great freelancer joomlord.

The instructions are very simple,

1.Install mod_ja_cblogin
    2.Go to ‘Modules -> Site Modules -> JA User -> Edit’, choose ‘ja-login’ position and publish this module

The rest pretty much works itself out, the registration page shows the fields that you set in the CB registration settings, so should be pretty dynamic, just a suggestion that keep the fields to a minimum so that the page doesent get to huge.

I thought in the spirit of user-contribution i would post this up here so hopefully others can benefit from it as well, i can’t really offer much support because i have a very limited knowledge but hope it helps in some way.

——————————————————————————————————————————
    My website: http://www.reviewyou.com.au: Will be modified in the next few days / weeks to be used with Teline-II. Such a beautifal template so check back every now and then to see what you think, and if you can contribute go ahead.

[/FONT]

1. mod_ja_cblogin.zip
    bveditor Friend

I was looking for something like this, and here it is!!! Thank you very much for the share.

paul81 Friend

If you Used Mod JA Login.
    Please disenable Mod JoomlaLogin

christough Friend

Hiya, I installed mod_ja_cblogin and disabled the old one. When I´m trying to login I get an 404 error.
    I¨m using Joomla 1.5 in Legacy mode. Is it possible that this module is written for Joomla 1.0.x version – or is it something different?

Thanks anyway for the work you´ve done.

Cheers
    Christoph

blagarde Friend

ditto. a 1.5 version would be great. does anyone have time to make this happen?

bfmountain Friend

I’d like to add my thanks also – much appreciated

ruigato Friend

please make a sticky of this thread

copper Friend

This work like charm so far.
    Thank you so much 😀

PGLion Friend

Very nice you are sharing this with us travisdh! Let’s hope there will be a Joomla 1.5 version soon 😀

teneraerbetta Friend

i’m also waiting for 1.5 version.
    Thanks

mayhesla Friend

i join the list on this one.

I was on my way to install cb but remembered that i might need a tweaked login module. Found this post, but i am not shure if the creator of this module is in for creating a 1.5 version. So i ask if any admins here at JA can help us out here ?

Great if someone could – or if travishd is up for it – i am anxiously awaiting the masterpiece 🙂

travisdh Friend

Hello.

You are all right, the version uploaded was designed for Joomla 1.0.x not Joomla 1.5 so it will not work. I wish i could take the credit for actually doing it, but reality is that i only had it commissioned.

As for a Joomla 1.5 Version, at the moment my budget does not allow it but in the near future i will enquire with the freelancer as to how much work it would involve to bring it up to J 1.5 and if possible i will try and get that done and upload it. But if anyone else has php skills have a play around with it. Or if someone wants to get it done post a project on Joomlancers, if you do though post on here that you are doing that just to make sure we don’t have lots of the same project on Joomlancers lol!

Thanks Guys, i will try and look into it in the near future.

Travis Hale.

cgc0202 Friend

It looks that many of us have been looking for the same thing. According to Hung, it costs about $100 to create the cb_login for Joomla 1.5.x?

So, why don’t we all share in the cost for the creation of a simplified “login-registration” that will work with Joomla 1.5.x

Why is this very important?

The automated approval of registration, based on Joomla registration, upon verification of the email address and response, does not prevent spam registration.

Joomlapolis is very slow in the update

I analyzed the CB update in response to Joomla update. Last year, it took them almost 8 months before they got a CB that will be compatible with Joomla 1.0.13. The stable 1.5.x version has been anticipated since last year; it came out January 2008, and until now (almost 5 months) after Joomlapolis still does not have a suitable update. Granted CB software is a free (although you actually pay for the Manual $20 a year), the fact that Joomlapolis is very slow is bad for the security of any Joomla site that cannot be updated because the CB is not ready.

How much would it cost?

Not much really, if we all share in making this possible. Joomlart claims to almost have 20,000 members already. Even if about 5 % would be interested — that is about 1,000 customers. One dollar ($1) or fifty cents ($0.50) from each would be $1,000 and $500, respectively.

Those amounts would buy almost 4-6 of the latest Mac OS X, or if you 3 – 5 of the “very popular” Microsoft Vista (*grins*).

So, getting a registration-login module should not cost that much.

If there is enough interest, we should make a deal with Hung and the Joomlart staff — to create a registration-login module that will be independent from (but will work) with any Joomla template, in this case, Joomla 1.5x — that must be updated regularly, and fast. All those who participate in the initial payment for the creation of the independent module shall have “lifetime” free update.

Let us all share our minds to get this happen. I will try to post a separate thread for this so we can share what we want in such a module.

Cornelio

Note:
    I already created a poll to express whether you are interested to help share the cost for the creation of a registration login module

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/poll-will-interested-to-help-share-the-cost-of-creating-a-registration-login-module/

Please respond and share your own ideas on the matter.

rimas Friend

Where is happy end of this story ? 🙂 Any news ?

ruigato Friend

<em>@rimas 70528 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where is happy end of this story ? 🙂 Any news ?</blockquote>

it seems that there are’nt happy endings here. Joomlart is for now a last resource for templates for me.
    Maybe i got unluky but i cant afford to use a template and then pray that the bugs get fixed.
    Subcribed for Teline all went fine, upgraded to Teline II and used Larix on another site and the only thing i got was problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum