Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Using quickstart install, updated all extensions to latest and joomla to latest. Created a category, assigned it to a menu, added 2 test articles with one line of text each to the category. When the menu item is set to display the category blog type, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /var/www/templates/ja_community_plus/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php on line 14

Category List works perfectly just category blog appears busted. Any ideas what I can try to fix this and get it functioning?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Could you please provide your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can take a closer look at the problem ?

FrostByghte Friend

Sure sorry…I was off on another project. Do I just send you the info in PM then? I have setup a forward on the firewall that should work.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Yes, please send me your site url and temporary admin account via private reply so I can check and investigate the problem for you.

FrostByghte Friend

Sent PM on 05-07-2015 01:12 PM let me know if there are any issues with access.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Unfortunately, I couldn’t access your site. Please navigate to admin >>> System >>> System Information >>> then let me know the PHP Version you’re using.

FrostByghte Friend

Adam, could you let me know what error you are getting trying to access the site? I have tried from multiple locations without issue but you never know. Worse comes to worse I’ll set you up with access to a Windows system behind our firewall and you can use that to look at the site, maybe using gotomypc or something like that.

PHP wise: 5.4.39-0+deb7u2

FrostByghte Friend

Adam, could you let me know what error you are getting trying to access the site? I have tried from multiple locations without issue but you never know. Worse comes to worse I’ll set you up with access to a Windows system behind our firewall and you can use that to look at the site, maybe using gotomypc or something like that.

PHP wise: 5.4.39-0+deb7u2

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Look like there’s a IP restriction that prevent my access and I managed to bypass it. Back to the problem, could you please also provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can have a closer look at the code ?

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Look like there’s a IP restriction that prevent my access and I managed to bypass it. Back to the problem, could you please also provide a temporary FTP account via private reply so I can have a closer look at the code ?

FrostByghte Friend

I sent in some info on FTP access last week but I haven’t heard anything back. Any luck? Again if there are problems with the IP send me the range and I’ll make sure the firewall does not interfere with it. Please see my PM for information on ftp login.

FrostByghte Friend

I sent in some info on FTP access last week but I haven’t heard anything back. Any luck? Again if there are problems with the IP send me the range and I’ll make sure the firewall does not interfere with it. Please see my PM for information on ftp login.

FrostByghte Friend

Well, I’m going to go ahead and move forward at this point. I’m not sure what is causing the issue. I have moved the menu to ‘Programs-BROKEN’ and it’s still busted but if I copy an existing menu from the template it works fine. I’ll leave the FTP up a bit longer but if I don’t hear anything by end of week I’m just going to say ‘meh’ and forget about it.

FrostByghte Friend

Well, I’m going to go ahead and move forward at this point. I’m not sure what is causing the issue. I have moved the menu to ‘Programs-BROKEN’ and it’s still busted but if I copy an existing menu from the template it works fine. I’ll leave the FTP up a bit longer but if I don’t hear anything by end of week I’m just going to say ‘meh’ and forget about it.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @frostbyghte,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I discussed with development team and the problem is because JA Community Plus hasn’t compatible with Joomla! 3.4 yet. We’re working with this task and you can see the status here.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 8 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum