Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

site is northriver comission.org.

On the right hand side in the 4th tile column I have placed a facebook feed in a tile that is 1×2 (1 tile horizontally by 2 vertical tiles) I really want it to be 1×3 and occupy 3 vertical tiles (I would eliminate the YouTube tile the is currently below it) – I’ve attached a screen capture to illustrate this.. but when I change the setting, in the module’s advanced tab, it doesn’t work – the tile still displays 1×2 and not 1×3.

Also, if I unpublish the YouTube module in position 12 it still displays – this happens even if I clear the cache.

A second problem I’m trying to solve is that the facebook feed doesn’t display on the smartphone view. When I try to view it on my Android phone the facebook tile only displays a blue background but no feed.

Thanks for your help.

Jim Capraro

1. NRCfacebook1x3
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for you contacting us.

JA Fixel template only supports grid-1×2, grid-2×1, grid-2×2, grid-3×2 and not grid-3×1 as your expectation.

In order to achieve like your request, it will require customisation on your site. If you are a developer, you can follow steps below:

• Check out the guide here to define new grid-3×1 from css on your site.

• Open templates/ja_fixel/js/script.js file and make changing the code
    items.width(itemWidth).height(itemWidth);
    items.filter('.grid-2x1').width(itemWidth * 2);
    items.filter('.grid-1x2').height(itemWidth * 2);
    items.filter('.grid-2x2').width(itemWidth * 2).height(itemWidth * 2);
    items.filter('.grid-3x2').width(itemWidth * 3).height(itemWidth * 2);

and define grid-3×1 with *items.filter(‘.grid-3×1’).width(itemWidth 3).height(itemWidth);**

Hope it helps

Regards

jimcapraro Friend

I have made the changes you have suggested to try to make the facebook stream display in a 1×3 tile (1 column width by 3 rows height), and it doesn’t work.

In the style.less file I’ve placed the .grid-1×3 code as shown below.

// Grid size
      //----------
      .grid-1x1 {
        width: 100% / @TPLNumberColumn;
        max-height: 302px;
      }
      .grid-1x3 {
        width: 100% / @TPLNumberColumn;
        max-height: 906px;
      }

.grid-2x2 {
        width: 100% / (@TPLNumberColumn * 2);
        max-height: 604px;

And in the script.js file I’ve placed the code for the 1×3 tile:

items.width(itemWidth).height(itemWidth);
                        items.filter('.grid-2x1').width(itemWidth * 2);
                        items.filter('.grid-1x2').height(itemWidth * 2);
                        items.filter('.grid-2x2').width(itemWidth * 2).height(itemWidth * 2);
                        items.filter('.grid-3x2').width(itemWidth * 3).height(itemWidth * 2);
                        items.filter('.grid-1x3').width(itemWidth * 1).height(itemWidth * 3);

If you go to northrivercommission.org it still shows the facebook feed in a 1×2 tile and not a 1×3 tile. Can you help troubleshoot?

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi,

Your request falls under major customization and I am afraid it is out of JA support scope. However, I will help you to check this on your site but you have to do this

• Make a backup version on your site first

• Clone your site and give me the credentials info: URL, admin login and FTP account via Set as private reply

Regards

jimcapraro Friend

Problem solved – I forgot that I needed to increase the display height dimension for the iframe. Once I did that the site now displays the facebook feed in three vertical tiles. Thanks so much for your help. Site looks great.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jimcapraro 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum