Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I would like to use JA Fixel template for a perfume distributor’s site. My problem is, that they can provide images mostly only in 800x600px or 600x800px sizes. I cannot cut from their visuals, so the square tiles are not working in this case.

My question is how can I change the ratio of the tiles to be able to use those kind of images?

I also want a responsive logo slider as seen the attached picture.

Could please help me to solve this issue?

Best regards,
    Oliver

p.s: The template has some bug with the logos as I see in my page and in the forum.

1. pp5
    hakkinen Friend

I was gonna ask a similar question. How can I change the tile size to 300×250 and I would like to know how to sort them in order (modules in home1 and the articles in tiles)?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

Fixel has an innovative design with Grid View homepage for images, texts, galleries and videos display. Hence, if you want to change size, you can simply change type of grid. For example:

– If it’s an article, you can change the content type and grid type: http://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja_fixel/gallery.jpg

– With module, you can change via module class suffix: http://static.joomlart.com/images/userguide/ja_templates/ja_fixel/masshead.jpg

For your concern about the ordering of articles in the homepage, these are featured articles and the ordering will inherit settings in Home menu item of your site (Backend > Menus > Main menu > Home)

Also check this template userguide for more information: http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-fixel

Hope this helps.

hakkinen Friend

Well, I mean 1×1 grid size is 300×300 pixels. What should I do to get 1×1 grid size in 300×250 pixels? Thanks.

Saguaros Moderator

If you’re familiar with Less file, you can open /templates/ja_fixel/less/style.less, look at line 825 which is section where we define the grid size:

// Grid size
    //----------
    .grid-1x1 {
    width: 100% / @ TPLNumberColumn;
    max-height: 302px;
    }

.grid-2x2 {
    width: 100% / @ TPLNumberColumn * 2);
    max-height: 604px;

// News

// Gallery
    .carousel-caption h4 {
    font-size: 17px;
    }
    }

For the value of TPLNumberColumn, this variable is defined in /templates/ja_fixel/less/variables.less, at the end of file:

//
    // TPL Home layout grid
    // -------------------------------------------------- @TPLNumberColumn: 4;

Once done, you need to go to backend and compile Less to Css. Please remember to BACKUP your site first because when compiling Less to Css, all current Css files will be overritten.

Hope this makes senses.

illustrio Friend

Dear Saguaros,

I’ve made the changes you mentioned, but nothing is changed. (I have set max-height to 225px) Could you please read my question again more carefully?

regards

Saguaros Moderator

Please correct me if I am wrong. You’re trying to change the size of a grid, for example, in grid 1×1, you want to have dimension of 300×225. Apart from the tweak mentioned above, please open the /templates/ja_fixel/less/style.less file, find and remove this code:

&.ready .items {
    max-height: none;
    }

Then compile Less to Css again.

Let me know if that is what you wish.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum