Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi, JA K2 filter is producing hundreds of duplicated URL like this:
    site.com/menuitem/?category_id=22&isc=0&limit=12&limitstart=0
    why there is no canonical on these pages pointing to the main filter menu item? i don’t need Google to index and make these searches new URL that is basically duplicated.
    by the way, on the main menu item there is a canonical i set up with sh404sef, it is not showing on the search results tho….Please advise…

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

JA K2 Filter doesn’t have Friendly URL, and not support for SH404 actually.
    We did a research to make URL look more easier to follow, but we saw it not necessary as we already got the AJAX Filter.

For this time, you can turn on filter by AJAX, and disable SH404 for JA K2 Filter.

forhair Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    forhair Friend

anyone?

Anonymous Moderator

@forhair we are checking. pls give us some time.

EDIT : got confirmation that JA K2 Filter doesn’t support Friendly URL as Luna already mentioned above.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by  JA Developer.
    forhair Friend

Do you understand that this is a major problem for ALL your customers who use this????
    it created hundreds if not thousands of duplicated URLs that are not friendly URLs and that don’t even have a canonical tag!! This is a recipe for Google penalty and a disaster for anyone’s website!
    Please show this post to your superiors and tell them that it is a top priority and a MUST fix…I personally will not except this filter the way if it’s not fixed…after all the hard work I did to set it up I will have to find another one 🙁

Mr.Cat Moderator

@forhair,

Here is the code that add canonical tag to each filter page. Open file

/components/com_jak2filter/views/itemlist/view.html.php

Add this to line 553

$url = $uri->toString(array('scheme', 'host', 'path'));
    $customTag = '<link rel="canonical" href="'.$url.'" />';
    $document->addCustomTag($customTag);

If it works as you execpected, let us know. So we can include it to the next update 🙂
    Thanks

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

forhair Friend

Yea, it works. Please make it for the next version so I will not lose the code.
    also, can we also add rel="next" & rel="prev"? can we put that too on the pagination links?

Mr.Cat Moderator

@forhair,

Yes, we can. Just use this block code. Do the same as my previous post

// add canonical, prev, next rel
    $url = $uri->toString(array('scheme', 'host', 'path'));
    $canonical = '<link rel="canonical" href="'.$url.'" />';
    $document->addCustomTag($canonical);

$pdata = $pagination->getData();
    if ($pdata->previous->link) {
        $pre = '<link rel="prev" href="'.$uri->toString(array('scheme', 'host')) . $pdata->previous->link.'" />';
        $document->addCustomTag($pre);
    }

if ($pdata->next->link) {
        $next = '<link rel="next" href="'.$uri->toString(array('scheme', 'host')) . $pdata->next->link.'" />';
        $document->addCustomTag($next);
    }

Don’t forget to let us know if it works 🙂

forhair Friend

from your latest code, canonical is showing but not the new code (rel="next" ect…)

Mr.Cat Moderator

@forhair

Could you share the credentials of your site so I can have a closer look & check for you?

forhair Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mr.Cat Moderator

@forhair,

The code is working now. You can check the source of this url

https://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-patient-photos/?category_id=22&isc=0&lang=en&limit=9&start=54

1. 2017-09-27_094711

forhair Friend

ok thanks, so all this code will be included in the next version update? it seems that the filter is not working on joomla 3.8, when is the update coming out?

Mr.Cat Moderator

@forhair,

This will be included in next update.

K2 filter is working fine with K2 2.8 and Joomla 3.8.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Cat 6 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum