Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi, hoping someonw has had the same problem, i just cannot get the introtext on featured articles to hide.

Such a simple functio that just seems to be not working. I have tried the setting on the article, home menu etc but it still shows.

Any ideas would be great

Thanks

Matt

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Matt , Can you PM me the admin details of your site , so that i can check it for you .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello Matt
    Did you sort it out ,
    i Checked your site homepage it has showing one article , and there is no introtext in it .
    See this >>>http://prntscr.com/43safr

Clear your browser cache and check it again

travelhotspot Friend

Hi

Thanks for the response, i have looked at the screenshot and the introtext is there. The text “Trivia Night Every Wednesda” is the introtext. If you look at the artice it placed abouve the readmore tag? and is still visible on the homepage, which it shouldn’t be as I selected hide introtext.

Let me know

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi, i just Hide the intro text from article options .
    Introtext>>Hide .

now i have not saw intro text there >>>http://prntscr.com/43tonx

travelhotspot Friend

Hi, sorry to send you another message …please have a look at my website, i added some more articles and now all have the intro again … i am confused.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

HI
    For for hide the introtext from Featured article layout
    add this css code in your custom.css file .
    Path : /template/JA Music/css/custom.css if there is no custom.css file create a file name: custom.css

.com_content.view-featured .items-row .item .article-intro
    {display:none;}

Hope it solve your problem 🙂

travelhotspot Friend

Thanks heaps, perfect

woluweb Friend

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Well, the opposite problem.

In fact, the “intro” is truncated and does not even respect the “read more” button if I define one in the article.
    The button would show, but the intro is really really too short for what I need.

So the question is : how to have the “intro” show “normally”, ie “totally”.
    I had a look at the following lines in joomla.less file.
    I can play with the height and it would indeed change the height. But even with bigger space, the same limited number of characters would show.
    So how to raise that limit or, even better, how to let the intro behave as defined by the “read more” button ?

Txs in advance,

Marc

.com_content.view-featured .items-row .item .article-intro,
    .com_content.view-featured .items-leading .leading .article-intro,
    .ja-muzic-news .items-leading .leading .article-intro,
    .ja-muzic-news .items-row .item .article-intro {
    height: 55px;

p:last-child {
    display: none;
    }

p:first-child {
    display: block;
    }
    }

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello woluweb
    can you please add a screenshot of your problem and share your website url here , so that i can check the issue and let you know how to solve the problem .

woluweb Friend

Hi Pankajsharma !

Txs for the quick reaction.
    Of course I can give you the url. Here it is : http://www.fesdig.com/fr/
    I have two articles as “featured” on the homepage.

But there is exactly the same phenomenon on Joomlart Demo Site (here, there are 3 featured articles under “what’s new” title, but the intro text is also truncated)

swissa Friend

Marc,

Don’t post admin names and passwords in the open – send them via a PM otherwise you’re just asking to be hacked. Please delete them here and change them on your joomla system.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello if you want to increase the readmore text limit .
    just insert the readmore in the article as per your need .

for example >> http://prntscr.com/4bpnn6

you can add readmore after more lines of articles ,so you can see more intro text on front page . like this >> http://prntscr.com/4bpo16

After that you need to add this css code in css/custom.css file . if there is no custom.css . then create a file and add this code

{height: 170px;}

Adjust the height value as per your need .

it will look like this >>http://prntscr.com/4bpovm

Hope it helps .
    note : don`t publish admin credentials in forum posts .
    always use PM (private message)

woluweb Friend

Hi again Pankajsharma !

Txs for your kind & excellent help 🙂
    Sorry if I shared the credentials, but it was made on purpose : this is just a DEMO site of Joomlart’s Site Builder, not a real site.

Coming back to the question, txs for the

{height: 170px;}

It does indeed make room for more text.

But still I would nog get all the content of my little article of three lines only.
    Then I realised that there was a “display: none” for the last paragraph ! Gosh…

.com_content.view-featured .items-row .item .article-intro p:last-child, .com_content.view-featured .items-leading .leading .article-intro p:last-child, .ja-muzic-news .items-leading .leading .article-intro p:last-child, .ja-muzic-news .items-row .item .article-intro p:last-child {
    display: none;

Then I had thought I had a complete solution : for my three-lines article, I simply added a dummy <p></p> and all my little article would show on the Featured Articles on the homepage.

But STILL something else goes wrong :
    look at that second article : I have added a “readmore” in the article… but on the front-end the article is truncated even before… while there is still room (thanks to the bigger height).

So how comes ??

back-end : all OK

front-end : article still truncated *before* the “readmore” button

1. 2014-08-11_16h34_21
    2. 2014-08-11_16h33_58
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please PM me your working site credentials so that i can check it on your site ,
    do not send the demo builder site details , because the issue is present on a different site so its better to check the problem directly on your site 🙂 and let you know how to fix it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum