Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Good morning,
    I would kindly ask how can I cancel (or hide) the Main menu in the top right corner of all pages (so that search, social icons and “Try discover” would move to the most right position)?

I use the Bonus menu for pages as prime menu, but I still have “homepage” in the Main menu (the top right corner). Can I “just” move the homepage to the Bonus menu (needn´t it to be in the Main menu)? And can I delete all the Main menu from the Joomla? Isn´t it dangerous?

As I´m usign the Bonus menu as prime and I have it static (sticked) on the top of the page, I no longer need the icon for the whole Main menu in the right (top right corner).

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help!

TomC Moderator

So that we can try to best assist you, please provide the url of the site you’re working on

karca Friend

Thank you for your answer.
    Currently I´m working on localhost, but very soon I´m moving the whole site to the server and then I´ll write here the URL.

karca Friend

Finally I have moved our site to the server – its address is: http://cb.cz/liberec/web/

I´ve read in the help manual that it´s not allowed to delete the main menu – this question is already answered. So finally stays only 2 questions:
    (1) How can I hide “button” for Main Menu in the top right corner (so that Search and Try discover Free (I have called it Dokumenty) would move to the right) and (2) if I can move the Homepage from Main menu to the Bonus menu.

And one more thing – when I tried to rename button Dokumenty (Try Discover Free) and I used letters with accents (I wanted to use Přihlášení) it showed me instead of the proper letters only question marks. Can you help me with this also?

Thank you very much for your help!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @karca,

Could you please provide a temporary back-end account via private reply so I can check it for you ?

karca Friend

Hi Adam,
    yesterday I´ve sent you needed credentials. Please, can you take a look at it? Thank you very much.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @karca,

Thanks for the info.

1. To hide the Off-Canvas toggle button, please open file root_folder/templates/ja_appolio/css/custom.css and add this code :

#t3-header .off-canvas-toggle {
    display: none;
    }
    #t3-header .t3-header .pull-right {
    right: 0;
    }
    #t3-header .head-right {
    margin-right: 0;
    }

2. Please navigate to back-end >>> Menus >>> Main Menu >>> drag-n-drop menu item Aktuality to make it stay on top >>> then click the star icon to make it your default home page.

3. About the language, please have a look at this page (scroll down to section 3.2 Slogin Module)

4. About the module Biblické verše, please make sure that in tab Menu Assignment >>> choose menu item Úvod (Alias: homepage) of Main Menu instead.

5. Las thing is how to add more parallax module in home page, you can take a look at our documentation (scroll down to section 2. “parallax” position) or duplicate current module in your home page and edit it to suite your need.

karca Friend

Hi Adam M,
    thank you very much for so long answer and help!

Ad 1) I add code above to the custom.css but what it did was that everything – including Try Discover Free (I have called it Přihlášení) was hidden. But I still need to see and have fully functioning Try Discover Free (Přihlášení) as I have it as a Login Module for Registered members. Only square for Main menu I need to hide. Please is there any other possibility how to hide it?

Ad 2) I moved Úvod (alias: homepage) from Main menu to Bonus menu and Úvod (alias: uvod) from Bonus menu to Main menu.

Ad 3) Thank you very much. I thought that I did it – I really did – but I saved it in bad format – it need to be in UTF-8 because of our alphabet. So it helped me 🙂

Ad 4) Thank you for noticing me. When I chose the right menu item (Úvod – alias: homepage) it worked! And it was on the page where I wanted it.

Ad 5) I’ll try it later – thank you for your answer 🙂

Only first item I still need to solve. With others you helped me brilliantly!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @karca,

Please find this CSS code in my previous reply :

}

and update to use this one instead :

}
    #t3-header .head-right .off-canvas-toggle {
    display: block;
    }

karca Friend

Hi Adam M,
    I added new code instead of older one and the square in the corner was hidden! Thank you!
    I have just small question – there still left a small piece of “something” divided with vertical gray line (this place is about 15 – 20px wide). Is there a possibility to hide even this small place? Address for taking a look: http://www.cb.cz/liberec/web

Thank you very much!

Adam M Moderator

Hi @karca,

Please open custom.css file and look for this code :

#t3-header .t3-header .pull-right {
    }

adjust it a little bit as below and recheck :

#t3-header.t3-header .pull-right {
    }

karca Friend

Hi Adam M,
    thank you very much – it worked perfect!
    Its all solved 🙂
    Have a wonderful day!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  karca 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum