Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)
  • Author

Can the JA TABS function be used within a VirtueMart Product Page (i.e. Flypage) ??

What I am hoping to be able to do is have a tab function where I can insert Product Specs, Customer Reviews, etc.

Can this be done ??

Phill Moderator

I don’t see why not. You can put whatever you like in the tabs module same as you can with any other module. I’ve had weather widgets from google in there and the shopping cart in there before now.

TomC Moderator

Any idea how it might be incorporated into the VirtueMart flypage (i.e. Product Page) ??

scotty Friend

A nice idea. Very hard to implement though I’d say.

/* Scotty thinking out loud */
    If it’s coded into the flypage then wouldn’t they all be the same? How would you data fill each one? You could implement a new module position that only shows on flypages and publish there. But would not be practical for large numbers of products. Has anyone done it before? Is there already a similar extension?
    /*——————————– */

Hmm I’ll have a look tomorrow. It’s a very nice idea and could work look really well. But I’d say the time spent to set up each one could be more trouble than it’s worth.

What template are you using?

scotty Friend

Ok I have this working and it looks good.

You need to go to VM config and ‘Enable mambots Plugins in the front-end’.

Then go to plugins manager>content – load module> and enable and set to ‘Wrapped by DIVs’

Then go to your products long description and type {loadposition prod-tabs1} at the end.

Then go to your tabs module that you have set up for that product and in the positions box type prod-tabs1, Under menu-assignment select all, and save.

Repeat the steps above renaming to prod-tabs2, 3, 4, and so on for each product you wish to use Tabs on.

Phill Moderator

Thanks for that, I had been thinking about how to do it and came up with a few ideas but that is the simplest.

fabiomartelli Friend

There is a better way: just have to enable joomla plugin from vm backand (configuration ->global -> frontend features
    then modify a few line in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.product_details.php
    delete this at the end of the file
    //echo $tpl->fetch( ‘/product_details/’.$flypage . ‘.php’ );

and replace with:
    $template = $tpl->fetch( ‘/product_details/’.$flypage . ‘.php’) ;
    $template = vmCommonHTML::ParseContentByPlugins( $template );
    echo $template;

and you can use the plugin inside your flypage…….. in the same way you use it in content….

TomC Moderator

Any chance of seeing a working example of the solutions presented above?

(I know, I know . . . I’m a pain in the ass)

😎

TomC Moderator

<em>@scotty 122009 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok I have this working and it looks good.
    .</blockquote>
    Scotty:

Is there any way to embed the “Ask A Question” and “Customer Reviews” functions within this system?
    (i.e. a tab for each?)

As you say you have it working – can we see an example? 🙂

scotty Friend

Yea I’ll put up a demo tomorrow and post it here.

scotty Friend

fabiomartelli;122381There is a better way: just have to enable joomla plugin from vm backand (configuration ->global -> frontend features
    then modify a few line in administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/shop.product_details.php
    delete this at the end of the file
    //echo $tpl->fetch( ‘/product_details/’.$flypage . ‘.php’ );

and replace with:
    $template = $tpl->fetch( ‘/product_details/’.$flypage . ‘.php’) ;
    $template = vmCommonHTML::ParseContentByPlugins( $template );
    echo $template;

and you can use the plugin inside your flypage…….. in the same way you use it in content….

Great post and welcome to the forums!

I hadn’t even thought of using it directly in the content and hadn’t tried (I always think of Tabs as a module). This way would be easier of course and more logical.

Just out of curiosity…. does this mod enable you to use plugin text in any component? Could it be used to enable JA Highslide or JA Tooltips inside Kunena or JomSocial I wonder?

As regards placing the reviews and ‘ask a question’ inside them, well I’m sure it is possible but my PHP skills are limited. VERY limited.

EDIT: not this actual script of course but the ParseContentByPlugins( $template ); Could this be applied to post in Kunena?

fabiomartelli Friend

Sure ther is a way to make yor component parse the plugin (attention.. there’is big difference between plugin and modules)… I think that the better way to find solution to your problem is to post question in specific forum with threads about the component u are using and ask the right way to activate (if necessary) the plugin. But attention I’m talking about plugin .. not module.

TomC Moderator

<em>@scotty 122391 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yea I’ll put up a demo tomorrow and post it here.</blockquote>
    Have you been able to put up the demo yet?

🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@scotty 122393 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    As regards placing the reviews and ‘ask a question’ inside them, well I’m sure it is possible but my PHP skills are limited. VERY limited.
    </blockquote>
    I saw it done in another club’s fairly recent template offering, so I know it can be done.
    I’m just not sure how they did it.

scotty Friend

I’m working on it now but going a little deeper to try and get ALL the details into tabs.

OVERVIEW | TECHNICAL DETAILS | MORE IMAGES | REVIEWS | PRICING

Have run into one limitation so far…. Tabs will only use the fade effect no matter what you set it to.

Also want to style them to suit the template. (I’m doing it in zeolite)

Will post for sure tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 116 total)

This topic contains 116 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sandstorm871 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum