Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Hello

Will you give some advice on this ?

I have lots of events /classes that require online registration.
    Some are in different cities.
    I like JA PLaton, Calendar of Events.

Will it be to my advantage to buy JOMSOCIAL and install that on JA PLATON.

Or integrate EVENTS II template onto a MODULE OF JA PLATON.

(I already bought EVENTS II.)

What is more easier to manage / update ?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

To be frank, I’m not ensure about your question here.

In JA Platon, we use JS Event Calendar module of JomSocial. You can install Jomsocial component into your site and create this module.

If I’m mis-understanding your point, you can clarify a bit more details so I can help.

teresa yeung Friend

Hi,

I wanted to be activated "Calendar of Events" which need Jomsocial. So I want know that I can use EVENTS II (already purchased) or it is compulsory to purchase JOMSOCIAL. If I can use, kindly let know the steps how I can.

Thanks and Regards

Saguaros Moderator

Do you mean JA Events II template?

JS Event Calendar module belongs to Jomsocial however, JEvents component in JA Events II template also has its Event Calendar. you can see in our demo site for JA Events II template: http://ja-events-ii.demo.joomlart.com/index.php/en/category-timeline/regional-events

teresa yeung Friend

No,
    I have JA-Platon template and want to use JA Events II in JA_Platon template instead of Jomsocial. Can I do this.

Saguaros Moderator

Could you clarify a bit here as I’m so confused?

JA Platon, JA Events II are templates while Jomsocial is a component. What do you mean by using JA Events II in JA Platon?

teresa yeung Friend

We have purchased JA Platon template. There is a part "Events" as screen shot attached. We want to enable Events part. As per documentation, it is need JOMSocial component. And I have purchansed JEvents component which use in JA Events II.

So, my question is that can I use JEvents component rather than JOMSocial in JA Platon template.

1. JA_Platon_-_Responsive_Joomla_template_for_Universities__Colleges_Joomla_Templates_and_Extensions_Provider_-_2016-02-18_17.11.44
    Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for clear explanation.

But as I mentioned above, that’s JS Event Calendar module of Jomsocial, if you use JEvent module, it will not have style like that and you must customise to achieve it.

teresa yeung Friend

Style no issue. Kindly let me that will Functionality work same.

Saguaros Moderator

The function will be a bit different, of course, because it belongs to different extensions.

teresa yeung Friend

Hi

JOMSocial component purchased. Kindly let me know where to upload to get it working.

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

You can download installation package of JomSocial and install into your site. Once done, you can go to Backend > Extensions > Modules and create new module as you wish.

teresa yeung Friend

Hi
    JOMSocial install on website. I create a event dated 3-3–2016, but in event calendar, it is not working. Kindly get it done as per theme demo.

Kindly do the needful

Regards

Saguaros Moderator

You can update the admin login info of your site via PRIVATE reply so I will have a look.

teresa yeung Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  teresa yeung 8 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum