Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Please refer to:

Joomlart: JA Teline III Sandbox v1.1
    http://joomlart.bayanihan-saranay.org/1100/

for the problem (bug) outlined here. The related BackEnd modifications to the Demo are outlined below.

The order arrangement of the categories in each Section does not follow the order imposed in the BackEnd. The example shown below is for the Section: “Our World Today”

Category Manager

1. 1 Canada and U.S.A. 82
    2. 2 Europe & Eurasia 81
    3. 3 Africa 84
    4. 4 Asia and Pacific 89
    5. 5 Latin America & Caribbean 98
    6. 6 Middle East & N. Africa 83

Magazine Menu

1. 13 Canada & USA 459
    2. 14 Europe 458
    3. 15 Africa 461
    4. 16 Asia & Pacific 463
    5. 17 Latin America & Caribbean 467
    6. 18 Middle East & N. Africa 460

The aforementioned order arrangement is not followed in the actual Homepage layout of the JA News2. The correct order — in one Section modified (World) — was observed in the submenu for the section.

In Teline II the Magazine Menu would dictate the arrangement in the Page layout as well as the dropdown menus.

This problem (bug) must be given utmost priority.

Cornelio

hariorama Friend

is this problem now solved?

i have the same problem

scotty Friend

This will be fixed in V1.3 which will be available in the next day or two.

The problem is that JA News 2 arranges Categories by their ID rather than their ‘Order’ in the Category Manager.

businesstraveller Friend

We have the same problem and are aaiting version 1.3. What is the modification to do?

businesstraveller Friend

When Ja Teline V1.3 will be available?

felixdamian Friend

I have already had so much trouble in installing this template so I used the quickstart. If is going to apear the 1.3 version that means that I have to reinstall everything or only the newer extensions? Please respond and don’t be so laconic :D.

And when this is going to terminate because I am anxious to publish the site with this template.

Thanks

jtruelson Friend

I don’t know if this is related, but I cannot locate any facility to display any theme variations – where do I find it? I seem to have looked everywhere. On the front end at the footer, I can reset user tools, but I have no user tools displayed nor any idea how to enable them – no mention of themes and user tools at all in user guide. Was I premature in trying to use this on a production site?

nofre Friend

<em>@jtruelson 146553 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t know if this is related, but I cannot locate any facility to display any theme variations – where do I find it? I seem to have looked everywhere. On the front end at the footer, I can reset user tools, but I have no user tools displayed nor any idea how to enable them – no mention of themes and user tools at all in user guide. Was I premature in trying to use this on a production site?</blockquote>

What do You mean by variations ?
    If your meaning the default layout (2column etc.), you can switch it in the template options in the back-end.

hariorama Friend

@jtruelson

there is also this plugin <blockquote>„JA User Setting Plugin“</blockquote>

if anyone has figured out, how it works (if):), please let us know.

JA User Setting Plugin supports module to display information compatibly with user configuration. This plugin deals with logic of recording user configuration via guest cookies and member database. JA User setting also handles the display of configuration form in xml file or other form created within tmpl folder of module. For using, insert the tag into layout.????

jtruelson Friend

<em>@nofre 146559 wrote:</em><blockquote>What do You mean by variations ?
    If your meaning the default layout (2column etc.), you can switch it in the template options in the back-end.</blockquote>

No, I’m not referring to the layout. The template directory structure includes a folder named “themes” which contains css files for various color themes: red, blue, green, etc. I can find no way to enable these. I submitted a support ticket :

Subject: Teline III How do I change color themes?

The reply:

Thank you for contacting Joomlart.
    Current this template does not support this option.

I am sorry for not being of much help in the case.
    Sincerely,
    Cao Hau
    JoomlArt.com Customer Service.

For what purpose are these css folders?:((

Anonymous Moderator

cgc0202;145189Please refer to:

for the problem (bug) outlined here. The related BackEnd modifications to the Demo are outlined below.

The order arrangement of the categories in each Section does not follow the order imposed in the BackEnd. The example shown below is for the Section: “Our World Today”

Category Manager

1. 1 Canada and U.S.A. 82
    2. 2 Europe & Eurasia 81
    3. 3 Africa 84
    4. 4 Asia and Pacific 89
    5. 5 Latin America & Caribbean 98
    6. 6 Middle East & N. Africa 83

Magazine Menu

1. 13 Canada & USA 459
    2. 14 Europe 458
    3. 15 Africa 461
    4. 16 Asia & Pacific 463
    5. 17 Latin America & Caribbean 467
    6. 18 Middle East & N. Africa 460

The aforementioned order arrangement is not followed in the actual Homepage layout of the JA News2. The correct order — in one Section modified (World) — was observed in the submenu for the section.

In Teline II the Magazine Menu would dictate the arrangement in the Page layout as well as the dropdown menus.

This problem (bug) must be given utmost priority.

Cornelio

To order categories in a section according to ordering in database, please open modulesmod_janews2helper.php file, at about line 537, find following code:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;

and change to:

[php]
    $query = “SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=” . ( int ) $sid . $where;

$query .= ” order by s.ordering”;
    [/php]

businesstraveller Friend

Hello there must be an error in your syntax it doesn’t work. Is it for JA teline v1.3 or v1.2?

businesstraveller Friend

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks JA Developer,

I will try this when I come back later tonight. Will the script change allow “manula ordering”?

Cornelio

<em>@JA Developer 146765 wrote:</em><blockquote>To order categories in a section according to ordering in database, please open modulesmod_janews2helper.php file, at about line 537, find following code:

$query = "SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(":", `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=" . ( int ) $sid . $where;

and change to:

[PHP]
    $query = “SELECT `id`, `title`, `description`, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(`alias`) THEN CONCAT_WS(“:”, `id`, `alias`) ELSE `id` END as `slug` FROM `#__categories` s WHERE published = 1 and section=” . ( int ) $sid . $where;

$query .= “order by s.ordering”
    [/PHP]</blockquote>

scotty Friend

doesn’t work

needs a ; at the end but query is wrong anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  ergohost 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum