Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Due to problems with Ja-Larix and Virtuemart 1.1 we have decided to remove the download for it until we have investigated and solved most of the problems.
    For you who have problems with this package please use this post to report in bugs related to VM 1.1 and Larix.
    Why you ask for this information below?
    Url: if we cant reproduce the error you have we need a link to where you have the problem.
    Joomla version: Joomla 1.5 demand more of your host than 1.0.xx.
    Host: Each host is different, and different setup.
    PHP version: If you know please post it.
    Mysql: If you know please post it.
    Virtuemart version: Original 1.1 or nightly build? Or from the quick start package. IMPORTANT!!!!!
    Quick start package: Yes or no, and which version.
    Description of problem: Be as spesific as you can.

Use this here as a schema to post after:

*——————————————————————–*

– Url:
    – Joomla version:
    – Host:
    – PHP version:
    – Mysql version:
    – Virtuemart version:
    – Quickstart package:
    – Description of problem:

THIS POST IS JUST FOR REPORT IN BUGS WITH LARIX AND VIRTUEMART 1.1, ALL OTHER POSTS WILL BE IGNORED.

jsgrill Friend

Guess I should post this here:

– Url: test1.karcoembroidery.com
    – Joomla version: 1.5
    – Host: CookieHost
    – PHP version: 5
    – Mysql version: 5
    – Virtuemart version: 1.1
    – Quickstart package: JA Larix v1.2

ISSUE 1: I assigned JA TransMenu to the mod_product_categories module. mod_product_categories is set to the ‘left’ position with a vertical orientation. However, I have two problems when I do so.

1) It inexplicably makes the Main Menu go vertical as well.
    2) It forces my product categories into an alphabetical order even though I set them up in a different order.

ISSUE 2: Formatting in Firefox for the Attribute/Order box on the product page is off. The labels are pushed all the way to the right and the drop-down boxes start on the next line all the way to the left.

ruigato Friend

– Url: arouca.info/j15/
    – Joomla version: 1.5.3
    – Host:
    – PHP version: 5.2.2
    – Mysql version: 4.1.22
    – Virtuemart version: 1.1.0
    – Quickstart package: 1.5 larix version

i was using the J! 1.0 version and VM 1.0 since the update to J! 1.5 VM 1.1 and larix 1.5 i got:

Diferent link color (always blue) in the main content (and componets area)
    VM pagination as a bullet list
    Prev/next product pagination without styling
    Add to cart Button loads a on top of the regular buton.
    View cart button in Cart module in wrong position

jsgrill Friend

– Url: test1.karcoembroidery.com
    – Joomla version: 1.5
    – Host: CookieHost

1) If you put mod_virtuemart_login in the right column and change the module class suffix to ‘-dark’, the title text does not change to white as it did with VM1.1, the links stay dark, and the bullet points for the links don’t change either. I was able to modify the CSS to change the title text color but couldn’t get the links to change.

2) If you put the mod_virtuemart_latestprod in the right column with 4 or more products in a single column, the border box begins to break-up.

See test1.karcoembroidery.com to see what I’m talking about.

chaostheorem Friend

– Url: battery.nora-academy.com
    – Joomla version: 1.5.2
    – Host: HostGator
    – PHP version: 4.4.4
    – Mysql version: 4.1.22-standard
    – Quickstart package: none

1) The template disappears when looking at individual products (no template at all, and I’m still trying to figure out how to force it to use JA Larix); I had the JA Larix template working with product categories, but now that’s broken too (no template, again!).

2) JA VM Slider sometimes acts strange if I change settings. For example, it wouldn’t stop scrolling (quickly) even when I turned off auto-run. I installed JA Larix, then installed VM 1.1.0, had problems with the slider and then uninstalled VM and then re-installed VM 1.1.0 and now the slider works properly.

chaostheorem Friend

<em>@chaostheorem 59609 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    1) The template disappears when looking at individual products (no template at all, and I’m still trying to figure out how to force it to use JA Larix); I had the JA Larix template working with product categories, but now that’s broken too (no template, again!).
    </blockquote>

Just found the solution: I had the Search Engine Friendly URLs toggled to “Yes” in the Global Configuration. I guess VM does not like that!

ruigato Friend

i whould like to know if joomlart is working in a maintenance release of larix before start trying to figure somethings myself.

stanman123 Friend

– Url: http://sandbox.theweboasis.com/connie
    – Host: HostGator
    – PHP version: 4.4.4
    – Mysql version: 4.1.22-standard
    – Virtuemart version: 1.1.0 stable
    – Quickstart package: N/A (not using it)

The “JA VM Product Slider” module is not showing any products on the screen, even though I’ve correctly configured it exactly according to the readme instructions.

ricardomarx Friend

– Host: DreamHost

ja_vm_cat_browse don’t show like the DEMO, it’s terrible ugly and we are waiting the solution for almost six months.

ruigato Friend

did someone tested this template with IE8 ? 😮

I just saw it yesterday by accident.. This browser is coming, and altough i dont use it i can aford it to a olnine store with larix..

Menalto Friend

<em>@ruigato 63065 wrote:</em><blockquote>did someone tested this template with IE8 ? 😮

I just saw it yesterday by accident.. This browser is coming, and altough i dont use it i can aford it to a olnine store with larix..</blockquote>
    Are you able to give us some screenshots of it?

ruigato Friend

<em>@Menalto 63067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you able to give us some screenshots of it?</blockquote>

i dont have it installed on my pc, i installed ie8 at work in some colegue workspace that only uses IE, wen i saw my installation of larix i unistalled the browser. The top menu was a mess, i remember that…

Menalto Friend

If you get a hold of a screenshot please post it, i currently dont have IE8 here.

instantinlaw Friend

Menalto;63078If you get a hold of a screenshot please post it, i currently dont have IE8 here.

Menalto,
    Try this site http://www.browsershots.org
    You can preview any site in EVERY browser available.

ruigato Friend

– Url: arouca.info/j15/
    – Host:
    – PHP version: 5.2.2
    – Mysql version: 4.1.22
    – Quickstart package: 1.5 larix version

In IE 6:
    -VM navigation (While browsing products – <Prev 1,2 Next>) is displayed verticaly.
    -The “add to cart” button has wrong styling (a square box appears in background)

Menalto: Are you working in a fixed release of this template? Or should i move forward and fix or use a different one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  apottz 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum