Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

JoomlArt is one of the leading Joomla template designers, and as such we’ve decided to launch a brand new tutorials website which’ll cover as many aspects as possible of both the joomla system and our templates.

If you have a suggestion of a tutorial that we should setup, please use the contact form above and we’ll definitely consider it!

Checkout the site – http://www.tutorials.joomlart.com

TomC Moderator

What a FANTASTIC idea !!! – NICE WORK !!

If he will allow, I definitely think you should post up Bill’s (instantinlaw) great video tutorials that he has created on various topics for configuring JA Templates and Modules.

Another suggestion I have would be to create a tutorial on how to mix-and-match template items from different templates – such as menus, modules, plugins, etc. For example, let’s say someone really likes the main navigation menu for Xenia II, but would like to integrate it into Teline (or whatever). I think it would be a great offering to create a step-by-step tutorial on a process for such a switch/integration.

That’s just off the top of my head.

😎

TOM

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 22457 wrote:</em><blockquote>What a FANTASTIC idea !!! – NICE WORK !!

If he will allow, I definitely think you should post up Bill’s (instantinlaw) great video tutorials that he has created on various topics for configuring JA Templates and Modules.

Another suggestion I have would be to create a tutorial on how to mix-and-match template items from different templates – such as menus, modules, plugins, etc. For example, let’s say someone really likes the main navigation menu for Xenia II, but would like to integrate it into Teline (or whatever). I think it would be a great offering to create a step-by-step tutorial on a process for such a switch/integration.

😎

TOM</blockquote>
    If he wants, we can upload it 🙂

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;22457What a FANTASTIC idea !!! – NICE WORK !!

😎

TOM

Hi Tom,
    I’ll be uploading them this week, then I’ll start on some others. 🙂

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 22467 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Tom,
    I’ll be uploading them this week, then I’ll start on some others. :)</blockquote>
    If anyone has suggestions please send them to us!

ErikThorsen Friend

As this tutorial site will include ( at least possibly ) code and/or information regarding the commercial templates and scripts I do suggest this site would be for paid members only.

It should be an added bonus for being a part of JoomlArt and not for all and everyone lookin for a “quick code fix”.

At least those parts that are related to commercial templates/scripts

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 22480 wrote:</em><blockquote>As this tutorial site will include ( at least possibly ) code and/or information regarding the commercial templates and scripts I do suggest this site would be for paid members only.

It should be an added bonus for being a part of JoomlArt and not for all and everyone lookin for a “quick code fix”.

At least those parts that are related to commercial templates/scripts</blockquote>
    I agree, I’ll talk to Hung today about it 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@ErikThorsen 22480 wrote:</em><blockquote>As this tutorial site will include ( at least possibly ) code and/or information regarding the commercial templates and scripts I do suggest this site would be for paid members only. [/quote]

That’s actually a good idea …. so long as it is not a third pay-per-view offering and part of the general membership package.

<em>@ErikThorsen 22480 wrote:</em><blockquote>It should be an added bonus for being a part of JoomlArt and not for all and everyone lookin for a “quick code fix”.

At least those parts that are related to commercial templates/scripts</blockquote>

Especially since, from what I’ve been reading, JA Templates have been popping up elsewhere on the web.

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 22583 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s actually a good idea …. so long as it is not a third pay-per-view offering and part of the general membership package.

Especially since, from what I’ve been reading, JA Templates have been popping up elsewhere on the web.</blockquote>
    I can basically assure you that it will be completely free for members

ErikThorsen Friend

Good. Now to make it pay per view for unlicensed members. 😉

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 22623 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good. Now to make it pay per view for unlicensed members. ;)</blockquote>
    hehe.. $15 a second should be ok shouldn’t it 🙂

ErikThorsen Friend

That sounds about fair for me. If they cannot afford the membership, 15 bucks a second should be fine

Hieu Nguyen Admin

I think 1500$ per second help members much more. 😀 $_$ Oh my god.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@ErikThorsen 22480 wrote:</em><blockquote>As this tutorial site will include ( at least possibly ) code and/or information regarding the commercial templates and scripts I do suggest this site would be for paid members only.

There must be a proviso that former members have accessed to tutorials related to materials that were existing when they joined.

For example, from what I read so far, the JA News module has some bugs in it — many are complaining. Those who bought templates that include the JA News module must have access to such tutorials and any upgrades therein. At least that is the standard for many of the small software companies that produced some very innovative products.

We must remember also that Joomlart is capitalizing on the labors of many many people who donated their time and effort for free. For people in the Joomlart group to then turn around that they won’t offer any thing back, unless they get paid, creates a bad reputation.

Many people become loyal to a company’s service or product when they know they are getting their money’s worth — it is a counter productive policy to give the impression that customers only get help if you pay additional fees.

In fact, I was about to suggest that the tutorial page link should have been posted as one of the links at the top. Had that been done, I did not have to waste so much time trying to find a solution to the specific issue I enountered.

And, while you are at it, please improve your search algorithm, or if I am not mistaken, Google provides a webpage-specific search.

Cornelio

MuffinDCC Friend

When are we going to see more, I am still waiting for a full video tutorial from MiCCAS, cookies, voice and all 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  marlena 14 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum