Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am having this issue where I have components and modules that cannot be clicked within certain areas of the component and or module because it seems that the block positions are blocking the content from being able to be clicked.

In example when I am on a component and try to click on some content that is close to the top that is suppose to be able to be clicked I am unable to click the content until I scroll the page up, moving it out of the way of the block position.

When using inspect element whenever I have these issues on the location I am unable to click on it the inspect element shows that it is a position that is causing the content to not be able to be clicked, as in the area gets highlighted with the area that represents the block position.

This happens for various modules (depending on where other block positions are located and all components as all components pretty much open in the same location.

I have attached some pics showing inspect element turned on where content is suppose to be able to be clicked but can not because of the block positions.

Each pic shows where inspect element shows a blue block that I believe represents the block position, that is preventing some of the content being clicked.

Any suggestions

Thanks

1. blue-highlight-that-is-blocking-component-content
    2. blue-highlight-that-is-blocking-comp-content2
    3. blue-highlight-that-is-blocking-module
    4. blue-highlight-that-is-blocking-module-2
    5. blue-highlight-that-is-blocking-module-3
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can open the file: /templates/ja_smashboard/css/custom.css

and add this css rule:

div#Mod231 {
    margin-top: 43px;
    }

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

You can open the file: /templates/ja_smashboard/css/custom.css

and add this css rule:

div#Mod231 {
    margin-top: 43px;
    }

timeoutcorner Friend

I entered it in but it didnt seem to have an affect on the block position that is interfering with the top portion of any module or component that has click-able content within the positions range.

Looking at the positions it seems the position that is causing this issue is the: “Top-Header” position as when I disabled one of the modules that was using that position (module named ToC News Ticker) the position got smaller and I was able to click on all components and modules in those certain areas that i was unable to before.

The only thing though is when the module using the Top-Header position is disable the block position for it just gets smaller which is why I am able to now click on all components and any module positions that cross the Top-Header position. But it still seems to interfere with any module that I would place in a new position that crosses with the smaller block position of the top header. As I tested it out by moving the Events module from position-7 to position-8 which then showed the same issue as the smaller Top-Header position still covers the some of teh area.

Have attached some pi s better showing the ToP header with ToC News Ticker module turned on and off.

1. JuX-News-Ticekr-ENabled-Top-Header
    2. JuX-News-Ticekr-Disabled-Top-Header
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

In above Zoo component page, the width of the main body section is so large and it covers the Event List module. You can try to add this rule into above ‘custom.css’ file:

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .com_zoo section#t3-mainbody.container {
    width: 945px;
    }
    }

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

In above Zoo component page, the width of the main body section is so large and it covers the Event List module. You can try to add this rule into above ‘custom.css’ file:

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    .com_zoo section#t3-mainbody.container {
    width: 945px;
    }
    }

timeoutcorner Friend

For now im just using the events for testing to see if the block positions would also block modules placed there but the issue is also affecting the zoo component (as well as all components) as when you scroll down on the Zoo component and then try to click on items that cross the highlighted block position, then you cant click on the content until you scroll back up to where it is no longer crossing the highlighted block positions.

The block position that is causing the issue is the Top-Header position.

timeoutcorner Friend

For now im just using the events for testing to see if the block positions would also block modules placed there but the issue is also affecting the zoo component (as well as all components) as when you scroll down on the Zoo component and then try to click on items that cross the highlighted block position, then you cant click on the content until you scroll back up to where it is no longer crossing the highlighted block positions.

The block position that is causing the issue is the Top-Header position.

Saguaros Moderator

The main block containing the Zoo component is covering that events list module so that you can’t click. Could you give it a chance by adding above css ?

Saguaros Moderator

The main block containing the Zoo component is covering that events list module so that you can’t click. Could you give it a chance by adding above css ?

timeoutcorner Friend

Yes I know but thats not the issue I am having I only put the events module there to test to see if the block position would also conflict with anything else placed there.

As the zoo component and any component is also affected by the block position as when you scroll down and then try to click on anything near the top of the component you cannot click on anything that was able to be clicked before. As this issue has been happening before I put the events item there.

I have added the css as asked and also moved the events position to another position so that it is not behind the zoo component. When anyone scrolls down on the page and then tries to click on anything near the top of the page nothing can be clicked. And the reason it seems is that its the Top-Header Block Position as when I use Inspect Element the block position is covering up everything that I cannot click after scrolling down the page a little causing the content to be overlapped by the Top-Header block position.

Have attached more pics.

1. 1-Inspect-element-Cannot-click-anything-under-highlighted-block-position
    2. 2-Inspect-element-Cannot-click-anything-under-highlighted-block-position
    Saguaros Moderator

For the top header, I think that you can change its width so that it will not cover the content section.

Saguaros Moderator

For the top header, I think that you can change its width so that it will not cover the content section.

timeoutcorner Friend

How can I do that without affecting the module that is in the Top Header position or will it affect the module if i do it in custom.css?

Saguaros Moderator

The logo and the top position don’t occupy much space so I think that changing the width will not affect others.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum