Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

If I am guessing right, if you do only an install of the teline2 file, not the quickstart, you won’t erase your database.

Before you do anything, make a copy of the old database and the old set up, especially the css files.

Or, if you do use the quickstart (which is what I would probably do – but I am no expert), set up a new database, and point to the new database during the install.

Then, after it is installed, check that the new standard set up is working.

Then change the settings so that you point to the old database. Go to Site, Global Configuration, click on Server, then in Database Settings, put in the name of the old database. (Go there now before you install, and you will see your current database file name. Copy and paste that into a document and make certain to note the Database Prefix below that too.)

You can ftp the old css files over after the install is complete, replacing the new ones, and all of your earlier changes will re-appear.

Other changes, like other modules and stuff, I am still learning. So I don’t know where they are…in the database? But you will have a copy of everything to futz with at that point.

Good luck

joeflynn Friend

What I would like to learn from you is how you got the page to float with shadows over the colored background. That is very cool.

maghen Friend

Hi joeflynn,

The best way for you to learn how I do it, is to go to my site, using that horrible Internet Explorer. Then you go to Temporargy Internet Files and pick up a background image file named innerdivbg.jpg and my template .css. Then you’ll get the complete picture.

To explain it in words: I use a background image file under the content (placed #ja-wrapper). To get the effect, you have to use The gradient Tool in Photoshop, and make a color transition from a desired color tto the background color – i.e. fading into the background color.. I also put in a 1 px (very dark) line closest to the content field.

Hope you take it from there yourself..

(BTW: At the moment I’m changing the design. So it could be a lot of confusing sights during the weekend.)

kindly

joeflynn Friend

Cool; thanks. I’ll give that a try when your site settles down. (I see that you are changing it now.;) )

I don’t have internet explorer on my Mac anymore. Maybe I’ll fire up parallels and see it there, but I don’t even know the tricks anymore. Oh well.

Tell us when you have successfully updated, or if you have troubles.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  joeflynn 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum