Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JA_system_social plug-in works very well. The “publish” date is listed as 24 hours earlier than the actual time that the post was fetched. I need the publish date to be the same as the date/time when the article was imported from the social media (facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube, etc).

This is because I am using another extension/component JV_Postmaster to import the fetched social content and then post it in a JomSocial Activity stream. JV_Postmaster has the ability to automate the process, but it scan the database for articles that were published in the selected categories during the last 2 hours – with the cron set to run every two hours. The false publishing time is causing JV_Postmaster to “not see” the new articles.

I’ve had extensive help from the creator of JV_Postmaster and here is the most recent support ticket message that they have sent to me:

Hello Jim Capraro,

A new message was posted in your private ticket #641 ? “Can’t get auto post to work.” by Niranjan (Technical Staff) (sniranjan):

There is a little confusion here on the feed plugin…. Let me explain…

When i checked your db now, i see that the latest post which was imported from facebook has a publish_up time of 2015-06-04 23:08:39, but the created date for that article is 2015-05-28 15:01:41 and modified date is 2015-06-06 03:08:29. Since the publish_up date is more than 24 hours old, JV-PM is not fetching it. I am not sure why the feed plugin is setting publish_up date to June 4th, while the feed was created on 28th May and imported into your Joomla site on June 6th. Can you check this please.

How can I get the JA_System Social plugin to post the joomla articles with the true publishing date time?

Manos Moderator

Hi,
    I tried the logon credential your provided but they aren’t working for me, so here’s a parameter you should check, what’s the date setting in your Joomla backend ? Maybe adjusting this will help as JA_System Social plugin as far to my knoledge desn’t interfere with the time and date but takes those settings from your Joomla installation.

Regards

P.S. I am about to make a local test to verify this also.

jimcapraro Friend

sorry, the login credential I provided was for the server/cpanel. I’ve just sent you a private message with the login credential for https://www.mfa-sibs.org/mfa2/administrator

In Global configuration / server tab the server location time zone is set to Chicago – which is where I am located. Are you suggesting it should be different – like GMT time? I’m not sure how I would change the setting.

Manos Moderator

<em>@jimcapraro 476851 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    In Global configuration / server tab the server location time zone is set to Chicago – which is where I am located. Are you suggesting it should be different – like GMT time? I’m not sure how I would change the setting.</blockquote>

Hi,
    That’s exactly my point, that setting works…if server time is correct, you need to “play” a bit with time settings

jimcapraro Friend

What do you mean by “play” with time settings – do you mean alter the server time zone settings?

Or, do you mean alter the article publishing time settings – As far as I can tell there are no global settings for article publishing time.

Respectfully, I don’t think you understand the problem or have a good direction for how to find a solution.

The most recent facebook post that was automatically fetched and turned into an article has this offset between Creation time and publishing time:

Article Name: Photos of Misericordia, Heart of MercyRafferty
    Start Publishing: 2015-06-06 07:16:00
    Created Date: 2015-06-06 19:44:24

I don’t understand why the article “Start Publishing” time is 12 hours before the article created date. JA System social is creating the article and placing the “Start Publishing” 12 hours prior to the article creation.

I’ve just created a test article in my facebook feed category – did not alter creation or publishing time – just using the defaults and here is what it shows:

Article Name: this is a test article
    Start Publishing: 2015-06-07 11:35:42
    Created Date: 2015-06-07 11:35:42

You can see that when I manually create the article the Start Publishing and Creation date are exactly the same.

Why is JA system social plugin placing a 12 hour difference between Start Publishing and creation date?

How can we stop this and have the plug just use the Joomla default and have the Start Publishing time be the same as the Created date – which should be the moment the article was created/published.

As someone who has been a licensed developer since 2006 – I would like to ask someone from Joomlart tech support to look at this.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Making publish date later 24 hours than actual time is our purpose, to avoid other bugs arising.

If you want to make publish date is the same as the date/time when the article was imported, follow my instruction below :

go to file: plugins/system/jasocial_feed/tables/joomla.php
    find :

$item['created'] = $this->dateToDb($post['source_published_date']);
    $item['publish_up'] = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time()-86400);
    $item['publish_down'] = '';

change to:

$item['publish_up'] = $item['created'];

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Making publish date later 24 hours than actual time is our purpose, to avoid other bugs arising.

If you want to make publish date is the same as the date/time when the article was imported, follow my instruction below :

go to file: plugins/system/jasocial_feed/tables/joomla.php
    find :

$item['publish_up'] = date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time()-86400);

change to:

$item['publish_up'] = $item['created'];

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I think that now i got the problem, I will update JA dev’s to help you find a solution!

Regards

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I think that now i got the problem, I will update JA dev’s to help you find a solution!

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum