Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve come across this issue several times when working with employers. Basically, we give them a coupon to get a discount on a job, and they apply that discount and get sent to Paypal. However, at that point, sometimes they stop the process because they need manager approval or need to find a manager’s credit card. So they plan on coming back and trying again after they have everything in order. However, the Job Board system now thinks they have used the coupon, so the coupon code does not work anymore if there is a restriction on the number of times it can be used by a given employer.

This causes several problems:

1) It requires us to create a new coupon for them
    2) It creates a bad experience because they cannot simply retry the process
    3) It requires us to get back a hold of them to resolve

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

to resolve this issue, please download attach file and replace the following file in your site

components/com_jajobboard/models/japayment.php

1. japayment.php
    brentwilliams2 Friend

Thanks – I appreciate it!

brentwilliams2 Friend

brentwilliams2 Friend

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Dead Code,
    I just found out that this fix had the unintended consequence of doubling job credits. When a user purchases a job credit, it works, however, when they click to return back to the site from PayPal, it gives them an additional credit.

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Dead Code,
    I just found out that this fix had the unintended consequence of doubling job credits. When a user purchases a job credit, it works, however, when they click to return back to the site from PayPal, it gives them an additional credit.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Could you send us the video or screenshots highlighting the error so we can reproduce it at our end ?

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

Could you send us the video or screenshots highlighting the error so we can reproduce it at our end ?

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Luna,
    There are no screenshots to share. Simply, using the fix that Dead Code provided above results in two times the number of credits getting applied to the account after a purchase. So if they purchased a package of 5 premium jobs, the system will put 10 credits into their account.

brentwilliams2 Friend

Hi Luna,
    There are no screenshots to share. Simply, using the fix that Dead Code provided above results in two times the number of credits getting applied to the account after a purchase. So if they purchased a package of 5 premium jobs, the system will put 10 credits into their account.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Brent,

I have copied file japayment.php, and tested several times but can’t see the error as you said. Could you PM me your site URL, admin account and one employer account, FTP account so I can investigate further?

And also clarify steps by steps to replicate issue on your site.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi Brent,

I have copied file japayment.php, and tested several times but can’t see the error as you said. Could you PM me your site URL, admin account and one employer account, FTP account so I can investigate further?

And also clarify steps by steps to replicate issue on your site.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum