Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

I figured out how to make the shadowing at the bottom regress a bit – but it seems like an all or nothing for the left and right shadows – I’d like them to show up just not as deep as they do. Oh, well, for now…I’m thrilled that it looks right!!!!

johnnyb Friend

The thing that amazes me is that you pay $xx for a template get the module, follow all the instructions for config and then have to go in and edit code to make it work???!!!

johnnyb Friend

There is no mention I can see of the need for K2 to use the Kranos template, unless I missed something. I started into this thread because I had the same problem with image display – just a narrow strip above the main content.
    So after trying for hours, and after finally seeing this thread and installing K2 the background image displays. But the title is hidden behind content.
    Now the question is, how do you get the ‘slide show’ effect, where you can have images changing, either automatically, or with a ‘next’ and ‘previous’ arrow at each side?
    Then, how do you link the images to a content item?
    Isn’t the idea of this to create a stunning and unique header on the front page of your site. You know, “masHEAD”? So it is, to be honest, and for the sake of just honest feedback, tremendously frustrating to have to do all this other stuff when typically in Joomla! installing a module and setting parameters gives you the ‘advertised’ effect. Meaning that what I see in your template demo is 1. not what comes out of the box and 2. not really part of the template.
    OK, rant over, how do I get the images to change?

John

HeR0 Friend

Hi Johnnyb,

<blockquote>how do you get the ‘slide show’ effect, where you can have images changing, either automatically, or with a ‘next’ and ‘previous’ arrow at each side?</blockquote> you should use JA Slideshow or JA Slideshow Lite.
    <blockquote>Isn’t the idea of this to create a stunning and unique header on the front page of your site. You know, “masHEAD”? So it is, to be honest, and for the sake of just honest feedback, tremendously frustrating to have to do all this other stuff when typically in Joomla! installing a module and setting parameters gives you the ‘advertised’ effect. Meaning that what I see in your template demo is 1. not what comes out of the box and 2. not really part of the template.
    OK, rant over, how do I get the images to change?</blockquote> If you want to install like our demo, you can install using quickstart package.

Regards,

johnnyb Friend

Hi again. Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate any help, and realize I may be missing something which is simple and obvious….

I’m trying to update a site with a lot of existing content, and make it look like your Kranos demo. I was thinking that the large header image which goes behind the main content and looks so cool was created using the Masshead module?
    Problem I have using that is that only one image per page can be shown, as far as I can see. i.e. the masshead content is dependent on which menu you are on. On your demo you have rotating images with navigation.
    From your reply above it seems this is achieved with the JA Slideshow module, but when I publish that module to the masshead position instead of masshead module there is no image.
    So can you explain how I get images to look like your demo site?

1. Set JA slideshow parameters? 2. Publish to position ‘masshead’? 3. Does it need K2? 4. or use Masshead somehow? If so, how!?

John

HeR0 Friend

Hi Johnnyb,

Please look at the user guide and tips of the JA Kranos template here @ http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/userguide-ja-kranos-template-for-joomla-2-5/ where it provides all setting of ja masshead and ja slideshow modules.

Regards,

johnnyb Friend

The reason I”m here in the forum is because I have read the user guide.
    I either can’t make sense of it or the specified parameters in the user guide don’t give the same result as the demo template.
    Can you point me to the specific place in the user guide which shows the parameters for changing images as in your Kranos demo?
    Clearly other people are also searching this forum for the same answers – I didn’t start this thread! Maybe a post here to solve the problem would help many people.
    Thanks

johnnyb Friend

So it would be simple to say, for example, that Masshead won’t display images with the spacing as in the demo unless you set up the slideshow module exactly as in the user guide for the template. I don’t see anything that makes this association clear.
    My instinct after using Joomla! for years (since it was Mambo!) is “I don’t want the slideshow module, I want masshead”. However the masshead changes when slideshow is published. Bizarre.

johnnyb Friend

OK, so an answer to the question above would have cleared up confusion… Do the images come from the masshead module? No.

If anyone is having trouble with Kranos making the images appear, don’t be confused by the masshead module. It doesn’t seem to be necessary at all. The only thing it seems to do when published is a. add the default title over the images from the slideshow and b. increase the space between the top menu and the content.
    The images come from articles in a designated category, pulled in by the JA Slideshow module.
    The important part of it is to set the profile in the slideshow parameters to “Kranos”, which also updates other parameters to defaults. Navigation wouldn’t work for me, so I set it to auto run the slideshow, which works.
    The images have to be 1250 X 645 and you don’t have to create the articles in your designated category using html. You can just insert an image in an article and you’re done. (The image needs to be the right size – two sizes appear around this site. The size mentioned here worked for me).
    Hope this helps someone.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Johnnyb,

You should disable JA Masshead in that page where the slide is displayed.
    <blockquote>Navigation wouldn’t work for me, so I set it to auto run the slideshow, which works.</blockquote>

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum