Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

I’m sure I’m missing something simple but I cannot for the life of me get the masshead to work right.

This is what it looks like. This picture is the right size but it’s only showing the one little bar instead of the whole picture.

http://newhopemp.com/index.php/ministries/celebrate-recovery/latest-cr-news

Thank you.
    Jeff

1. massheadissue
    HeR0 Friend

Hi Jhicks
    I check on your site and see you somehow have lost height for ja-masshead block ( div.ja-masshead ), so it does not show full image background
    Please set height ( css ) for it in template css file (/templates/ja_kranos/css/template.css):)
    div.ja-masshead{
    height: 250px;
    }

jhicks Friend

<em>@Hung Phung 317116 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Jhicks
    I check on your site and see you somehow have lost height for ja-masshead block ( div.ja-masshead ), so it does not show full image background
    Please set height ( css ) for it in template css file (/templates/ja_kranos/css/template.css):)
    div.ja-masshead{
    }</blockquote>

I cannot find a reference in the template.css file for the ja-masshead at all. Are you saying I need to add that line? if so where cause I went back to the template I originally downloaded and it isn’t there either.

thank you,
    Jeff

jhicks Friend

OK, I added the line to the css3.css and that made it taller but it does not expand to the sides at all. Please advise.

thanks,
    Jeff

http://newhopemp.com/index.php/ministries/celebrate-recovery/latest-cr-news

HeR0 Friend

Hi,
    Please change
    div.ja-masshead{
    }

to

div.ja-masshead{
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }

However, because it is background, so you should set a both height and width in css for div.ja-masshead block and resize image to that size before upload 🙂

jhicks Friend

I will try this. For some reason I didn’t get and email showing you replied.

Thank you,
    Jeff

jhicks Friend

ok, none of that worked. I found these lines in the template.css file

/* Masshead --- */
    #ja-masshead .ja-masshead {
    background-color: #fff !important;
    color: #fff
    height: 200px;
    padding: 0 30px;
    overflow: hidden;
    }

#ja-masshead .ja-masshead h3 {
    color: #fff
    font-size: 250%;
    margin-top: 110px;
    }

#ja-masshead .ja-masshead .ja-masshead-desc {
    font-size: 125%;
    }

#ja-masshead span {
    background: url(../images/trans-black.png);
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 5px 10px;
    line-height: 1;
    }

Is something wrong in this code?

thank again for your help,
    Jeff

jhicks Friend

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong with the code?

zephyurhound2000 Friend

I had this same problem, and it was because I had uninstalled the K2 component. Once I re-installed that component the Masshead worked properly again…

jhicks Friend

<em>@zephyurhound2000 319878 wrote:</em><blockquote>I had this same problem, and it was because I had uninstalled the K2 component. Once I re-installed that component the Masshead worked properly again…</blockquote>

OK, I did that but now my slide shows do not work and the Mega Menu isn’t working. Do I need to do something special once K2 is installed to get back that functionality?

Thanks,
    Jeff

jhicks Friend

OK, it was a jQuery problem. That has been corrected. I has caused the masshead to act.. differently now. I’ll keep pluggin away.

jhicks Friend

FIXED!!!

It was back to the original suggestion. I had to increase the height.

thanks again all!

Jeff

zephyurhound2000 Friend

Yeah, I ran into the same issue with the front page, and I worked to fix it for some time until finally, I just exported out all my users/content in a database file. Did a clean install, and then re-imported my users/content. That fixed both the Masshead and the Slideshow issues. The problem really was a frustrating one. >:(

HeR0 Friend

Hi guys.

With masshead module, if you have an issue on the background that means you haven’t set width and height for masshead block element ( in style sheet ).

Regards,

impy2101 Friend

Thanks, mine was missing also from the css3.css file. However, I would like my image to meet the menu at the top – I have a gap of about 1/2 inch or so. Is that a margin or padding?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

This topic contains 40 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  HeR0 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum