Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody,

i have a Question to the Ajaxsearch option in the JAK2 Module.

Is it possible to create the searching just like here: http://ninetofive.me/tutorials/live-search/ ?

I read the complete Instruction but i cannot figure it out.
    I would appreciate a little help with this issue!

Thanks a lot

PD: GREAT SUPPORT here!!!!

Luna Garden Moderator

Thanks Macanroe for your kind word.

<blockquote>i have a Question to the Ajaxsearch option in the JAK2 Module.

Is it possible to create the searching just like here: http://ninetofive.me/tutorials/live-search/ ?</blockquote>

We have the suggestion function to show the result at input box following the text you type. You can see the setting to enable it in Module backend.

Please note that:
    1. Suggestion only supports for extra field type Text field.
    2. To show the suggestion, character typing must over 3 characters.
    3. The suggestion process like Google search, show the keyword, not the result, you choose one then K2 Filter will show the result

macanroe Friend

Thanks for your quick Answer.

Could you please give me a precise guide for making this possible wit hthe K2 Articles and the extra Fields?
    I´ve tried but it didnt work for me.

Thanks a lot!

Luna Garden Moderator

Hi,

<blockquote>Could you please give me a precise guide for making this possible wit hthe K2 Articles and the extra Fields?
    I´ve tried but it didnt work for me.</blockquote>

Yes, please follow my instruction here:
    1. In K2, extra field for searching must be in type Text field.
    2. In module, set Ajax Filter, Auto Filter, Auto complete is Yes.
    3. In module, set type display is text field: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/821/8179318591.png
    >> The result will be like this: http://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/821/9802058063.png

macanroe Friend

Thanks a lot

macanroe Friend

Ive tried all the Options you said…

The Ajax search didnt work for me. Tere is always no Result when i enable the ajax field. i use J2.5.16
    im going to use J3.2 from now -just to test.

i have another Question:

As you se eon the screenshot i would like to change the Positions from the result.
    1. How can i change that – Country- duration- Coursetype- is on another place ( down the magic selection) or maybe invisible?
    2. i like to change the Colour (here yellow) in the magic box…
    3. Can i change (css?) the look of the magic selection ( add….)

thanks in advance!!!!!

1. el
    Luna Garden Moderator

Hello Macanroe,

<blockquote>1. How can i change that – Country- duration- Coursetype- is on another place ( down the magic selection) or maybe invisible?</blockquote>
    Go to your CSS file, add these lines:

.magic-select .group-label {
    add style to label here.
    }

<blockquote>2. i like to change the Colour (here yellow) in the magic box</blockquote>
    Go to file:
    modules/mod_jak2filter/assets/css/style.css
    Find these lines:

.ja-k2filter .ja-magic-select {
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FDFBE4 >> change background to the color you want
    border: 1px solid #CDC4A8
    border-radius: 2px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 3px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
    display: none;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    padding: 10px;
    position: relative;
    width: 90%;
    }

<blockquote>3. Can i change (css?) the look of the magic selection ( add….)</blockquote>
    Yes, you can.

<blockquote>The Ajax search didnt work for me. Tere is always no Result when i enable the ajax field.</blockquote>
    PM me your site URL and admin account so I can check the problem on your site.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello Macanroe,

I have received your info, and check problem on your site. This issue is fixed in version 1.1.0, please take a backup of your site and try to upgrade JA K2 filter on your site to latest version and tell me the result.

macanroe Friend

Thanks Luna,

I updated the Module and the Component but i cannot get an Result in the Ajax Search Result.
    maybe you could help me (login in backend still the same)

Thanks in advance

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

I have checked your site, Filter with Ajax is working well.
    I guess you cannot get an Result in the Ajax Search Result because you set default value of country is 1, so when the filtering will include it, so that’s why sometime result is Null.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum