Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hi,

We updating JA Wall with a new corner-stamp position.
    It is still in developing process.

Here the package if you want to give a try.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymxz1qzxlm0qbq7/I_8ukSXhzh

Please make sure you backup your work before overwrite with the package.
    After overwrite your site, go to backend Module Manager and assign a module to position ‘corner-stamp’. If the position does not list in the popup, please fill it in the field.

Since it is a position, it will show as only one wall block on the top right corner (though you can change it position through CSS)

Hope it helps

Regards

internetix Friend

I want to express my gratitude to Wall Crasher and the team for taking this corner-stamp request into consideration. :-*

Thanks guys !

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

It is hard to show the complete change log.
    I will show you which file has modify only.

Hope it helps.

Please give a try and contribute your idea.

Regards

1. jatc.zip
    Honzazi Friend

Thank you very much!
    So, this one will show only one module on the top and will not be populated more times? If yes, great to start with, but can’t wait to have it even in populated windows.
    I’ll test it today 🙂
    Thanks

PS: Sorry, I see 3 zip files, should I just install them as normal joomla extensions? Not sure what is – japager.zip ? The jasocial_feed.zip is just a plugin, isn’t it? Thanks

arucardx Friend

I will take try to take some time to create another test site for this version of JA Wall this weekend, but if its going to be a module position that only loads once at the corner of the first page, then I think that behavior is wrong and not what we are looking for.

What we are looking for is something like what’s done over at http://boxnutt.com/ where there will always be one masonry position reserved for adsense on every page. See that when you scroll down, a new ad is loaded, followed by another again on the next page. That would be what we really want to have.

If its just going to load once at the corner of the first page and not at subsequent pages as we scroll down then I am unclear what the point of that would be apart from using that module position as a news sticky.

internetix Friend

I agree with arucardx. It’s a little pointless .. but i am happy that is a start, developers took our request into consideration.

Maybe we can refresh and replicate that module position on each page load, similar to http://boxnutt.com/

Although, i am not 100% sure that boxnutt.com is actually refreshing the ads using javascript because i see the same ads just “replicated” on the wall and not refreshed (if i am not mistaken).

I am afraid that if we use javascript to refresh the ads, this will break adsense TOS . I know, we are refreshing them in response to user action (scroll down the page) but we really need to investigate this.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi,

As I have said, we are going to provide a module position that have behavior of sticky block. You can set the module there.
    http://masonry.desandro.com/demos/corner-stamp.html. Though you can add ads here. :laugh:

If you want to reload the module each page load, I think internetix solution should be used.
    All you need is target the iframe source to a component or plugin or something that will rotate the ads.
    You do not have to use any Javascript here since it is an iframe.

Regards

Honzazi Friend

Hi Wall Crasher and others,

I actually don’t think you last iFrame suggestion would work, since I tried the random article in module and each of those articles had different google adsense in it – even doing that the add show only first time… all the other modules are empty.
    It is surprising that it’s such a problem… I checked the YouJoomla “you brick module” and it worked for them… maybe good for inspiration!?

just check: http://www.youjoomla.com/demos/?extensions=youbricksenginemodule

Regards

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

Please do not use google adsense iframe directly in your article. As I said here:
    <blockquote>All you need is target the iframe source to a component or plugin or something that will rotate the ads.</blockquote>

The iframe should have src to our site, and target to a tmpl=component or something. The returned content should contains google adsense iframe. 🙂

Regards

Honzazi Friend

<em>@Wall Crasher 351993 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Please do not use google adsense iframe directly in your article. As I said here:
    </blockquote>

Thanks a lot Wall Crasher,
    please, can you be more specific how exactly should be the iframe done? Because tried many things and it still doesn’t show more than once.

Thanks a lot!

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi Honzazi,

As I said, there are many ways to do so.
    Here a simple way. This way, you got a request to your server but it will generate full content as tmpl=component layout.

Open templatesja_wallcomponent.php and edit the content as below from line 57

<div id="content">
    <div class="inner content-inner clearfix">
    <?php if(JRequest::getCmd('ads')) : ?>
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="LINK TO GOOGLE ADSENSE HERE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <?php else: ?>
    <jdoc:include type="component" />
    <?php endif; ?>
    </div>
    </div>

Now change the width, height or add class and style in the way your want.

On the iframe of custom module that you use to generate the google adsense iframe before, just change the source to “YOUR SITE DOMAIN/index.php?tmpl=compoent&ads=true”

If you use latest version of JA Wall, it is easy to turn the corner-stamp function to custom module load each page. Just change
    class ‘corner-stamp’ to ‘item’ at line 130 in file templatesja_walltemplate_tools.php. Then create a Custom HTML module and put the iframe with source = “YOUR SITE DOMAIN/index.php?tmpl=compoent&ads=true” in it (Remember remove ‘iframe’ from text editor’s black list tags) :laugh:.

Since the request of iframe target to index page, it will cause your server process more to serve the iframe request. You can create a simple system plugin or a component to make the the request lighter.

Hope it helps.

Regards

internetix Friend

Running adsense inside iframes will not break their TOS ?

I remember that google adsense TOS prohibits running ads inside iframes.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi internetix,

That’s the way boxnutt does. Many threads say that this will break google adsense TOS and I also think so.
    You should think about using it.

Regards

seaneo Friend

From Google , updated December 7th, 2012:

<blockquote>Ad behavior

AdSense code may not be altered, nor may the standard behavior, targeting or delivery of ads be manipulated in any way that is not explicitly permitted by Google. This includes but is not limited to the following: clicking Google ads may not result in a new browser window being launched, nor may Google ads be placed in an IFRAME.</blockquote>

source: http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=48182

**not a moderator or support, just a guy

seaneo Friend

While on this topic, check out this website I found and how they have handled this challange

.. beautiful integration of google ads on the left side bar and in the main blocks also

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  kinofryc 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum