Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    First off, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I have searched the forum and cannot find the answer.
    I am using ja_blank with t3 v3. I want to use the page class option under the advanced settings of the menu items to add a class to the body tag.
    I wish to add a different background image to the body tag on different pages using a class.

I have found some posts that advise adding some php to the templates default.php but it does not say where it should be added. I have tried adding in various positions and did manage to get id=’homepage’ added to the body tag but it would not add any page classes that had been assigned via the menu items.

I have knowledge of html and css but no experience at all with php.

This is east to do in the t3 v2 framework, but i cannot find a way to achieve it here.

It seems that it should be fairly straight forward as the option exists in the menu item settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

For default, in Joomla fresh, the Page class suffix is added in a page that contains the base component, but in Homepage, it doesn’t the base component so the Page class suffix is not appeared. You can check with the default template in Joomla.

If you want to show the Page class suffix, for default layout go to file <blockquote>templatest3_blanktplsdefault.php</blockquote>
    for homepage in JA T3 Blank template is: <blockquote>templatest3_blanktplshome-1.php</blockquote>

Follow this link to add class suffix to your body tag: http://docs.joomla.org/Using_the_Page_Class_Suffix_in_Template_Code#In_the_Body_Tag

hedges2503 Friend

Extremely helpful….
    Many thanks for your help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hedges2503 11 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum