Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

<em>@blink_black 302874 wrote:</em><blockquote>The HOT news module is located at position “top bar” and not “breadcrumb”</blockquote>

Not sure what you mean by that? This user is wanting to get rid of the text “HOME” which is part of the breadcrumb code.

fbnraider Friend

Hey Phil,

I attached the picture that I want to have on the front of the site. It would be fine to have it as an article. I tried creating a featured article, but it wouldn’t work.

I created a login that I will pm you the account info.

One other thing is I need to do is display PDFs. Currently they are using Acrobat.com, have link below, and I can use IWrapper, but they want it to be able to be displayed full screen. Is there anyway to be able to display a PDF the full width of screen.

https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=eAiprYR2a8EH5j*Ip6nzqw

Thanks,
    Raider

1. wssexterior
    Phill Moderator

I thought the problem was that you wanted rid for the “HOME” text?

As for your image what exactly are you trying to do with it?

fbnraider Friend

1) Yes I do want to get rid of the HOME text. what makes you think differently?

2) As I stated previously for the image I just want it to show on the home page.

3) One other thing is I need to do is display PDFs. Currently they are using Acrobat.com to display their PDFs, have link below, and I can use IWrapper, but they want it to be able to be displayed full screen. Is there anyway to be able to display a PDF the full width of screen.

https://acrobat.com/app.html#d=eAiprYR2a8EH5j*Ip6nzqw

Thank you,
    Raider

Phill Moderator

2) I just need to know where on the homepage you want the image? Surely you can just create a module or an article and put it in that? I really do not understand what you are trying to do with it. Please create an image showing exactly where you want that image to be and what size etc.

blink black Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 302880 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure what you mean by that? This user is wanting to get rid of the text “HOME” which is part of the breadcrumb code.</blockquote>
    I apologize Phil. I misunderstood him

fbnraider Friend

Hey Phil,

I created the articles under featured articles and they were not showing up. In the parameters I found the ‘featured’ drop down where you have to select Yes. I assumed when created under the featured articles area that they would have that checked automatically. Dont you think?

So what I have left is
    1) Yes I do want to get rid of the HOME text under the news ticker.

2) One other thing is I need to do is display PDFs. Currently they are using Acrobat.com to display their PDFs, have link below, and I can use IWrapper, but I want it to be able to be displayed full screen.
    Is there anyway to be able to display a PDF the full width of screen?

3) News ticker does not work with IFrame Wrapper, is there a way to get it to work?

4) I installed firebug, set the Optimize CSS to no, but where do I go to change the font color?

5) How can I modify the registration page?

6) When I click on the the registration page I get the following error.
    Calendar.setup:
    Nothing to setup (no fields found). Please check your code

7) When I have the wrapper set to Open in “New Without Navigation”, the page will not display, but it will on the other settings.

Thank you,
    Raider

Phill Moderator

1) I have detailed what to do above.

2) There are extensions available on the JED that will do that but you will need to research which suits you best.

3) It does work depending on what you are putting in the iFrame. Please make sure JS Optimization is set to “No” ans see if it works then.

4) What font colour?

5) What do you want to modify on the registration page

6) Are you using a calender extension or something similar?

fbnraider Friend

3) what works and what doesnt?
    5) I want to add the following to the registration menu
    A. Use wording shown above
    C. Create the following table
    i. *Name (Required)
    ii. *Email Address (Required)
    iii. Phone
    iv. Sewing Machine Make
    v. Sewing Machine Model
    vi. Favorite sewing interests. These will be groups that I would like them to be added to as they register.
    (1) Clothing
    (2) Quilting
    (3) Embroidery
    (4) Home Dec
    (5) Craft
    (6) Software

Phill Moderator

Fore the registration page there are extensions available on the JED that will allow you to add extra fields to the registration. These may not be extensive enough for what you are looking for and your only option may be to hire a freelancer to make these extensive changes for you.

fbnraider Friend

Where is this JED you speak of?
    I looked hear and it does not mention anything close to registration.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=50

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbnraider 306573 wrote:</em><blockquote>Where is this JED you speak of?
    I looked hear and it does not mention anything close to registration.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=50</blockquote>

JED = JOOMLA EXTENSION DIRECTORY —> http://extensions.joomla.org/

fbnraider Friend

Hey Tom,

Didnt you have instructions posted on how to update Nex 1.7 to 2.5?

Thanks,
    Raider

TomC Moderator

<em>@fbnraider 306602 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Tom,

Didnt you have instructions posted on how to update Nex 1.7 to 2.5?

Thanks,
    Raider</blockquote>
    Well, not instructions specific for JA Nex, but we do have instructions for HOW to UPDATE J1.7 to J2.5

😎

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum