Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hello, there is no specific subforum for ACM, so I am going to post in the UBER category, since ACM was introduced with this template.

Question:

Obviously ACM does not work with Joomla 3.4 frontend module editing feature.
    Is there any plan to make it compatible?
    Or are you going to provide your own solution, due to any technical reasons?

TomC Moderator

Are you asking how to modify CSS related elements for the ACM module?

pepperstreet Friend

CSS? Err, nope. Is my old school english so bad :-[ 😉
    Actually, I can’t describe it any better:

The Joomla 3.4 release allows to edit Modules and its parameters in frontend. But Jomlart’s ACM does not work with this core feature. The output and display is a total mess. The functionality is broken.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Being a Joomla module, our JA ACM module also supports ability to edit from front-end.

I tested Uber template works with JOOMLA 3.4 and that option in front-end site is working fine, see the screenshot

1. Screen-Shot-2015-03-19-at-14.48.56
    pepperstreet Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 464250 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I tested Uber template works with JOOMLA 3.4 and that option in front-end site is working fine, see the screenshot
    </blockquote>

Really? Did you click the link and you were able to see and change all module parameters? My display was actually none-existent and therefore unusable. (Maybe due to my particular demo site…?)

I will give it one more try on some new installations… without any other extensions. Stay tuned.

pepperstreet Friend

<em>@pepperstreet 464531 wrote:</em><blockquote>I will give it one more try on some new installations… without any other extensions. Stay tuned.</blockquote>

I have tried a new and fresh UBER QuickStart installation. Plus latest T3 and ACM updates! At least the frontend looks better than in my previous (older) test site, but has still very strange issues in parameters and their appearance! :confused: :((

Please, see screenshots:

1. The basic accordion/slider style is missing. Only two plain links open the parameter sections

2. Fields have no proper styling, unreadable, unusable.

3. same as in #2

4. all status fields are green. only publish should be green. Date fields are mis-aligned.

5. I expected a special calendar style in T3/Uber. Any chance you can override and replace the old Mootools Calendar? Not usable on mobiles.

BTW, there are no errors in browser console. Screenshots made in latest Safari/WebKit browser.

Hope this helps.

1. ja_uber_acm_frontend_module_editing_opt
    2. ja_uber_acm_frontend_module_editing_adv
    3. ja_uber_acm_frontend_module_editing_acc_style
    4. ja_uber_acm_frontend_module_editing_date_fields
    5. ja_uber_acm_frontend_module_editing_date_calendar
    Ninja Lead Moderator

@pepperstreet: You can pm me URL of your site and admin login. I will help you to check it directly on your site.

pepperstreet Friend

Only local installations for now. I have tested 3 different installs. It is the same issue. I would like to test it on your demo/tryout pages… but Joomla version seems lower than 3.4

Did you have success on your own demos? Do you see properly formatted frontend module parameters/forms?

Ninja Lead Moderator

In this case, you need to put your site to LIVE and give me URL of your site and screenshot the problem of you mentioned above, I will help you to check it further.

pepperstreet Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 465530 wrote:</em><blockquote>…and screenshot the problem of you mentioned above…</blockquote>

I have already provided you the screenshots. The issues are easy to notice.

Please, can you confirm and test your own demo with ACM in frontend?!
    Your previous screenshot does only show the edit icon…
    it does not show a working frontend form and ACM parameters.

If you can proof it works on your side, I am convinced somehow … and I will try to investigate it even further. Currently I am clueless, because I can’t make it work on 3 different test installations.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Maybe I misunderstand what you are requesting. Did you mention about this: http://inlineeditingforjoomla.com/ ?

pepperstreet Friend

Not “inline” editing content with the Ark-Editor. But hence the menuItem with “Module Editing”.

Again, JOOMLA 3.4 introduced frontend editing for modules! Actually the only real new feature in the last decade. So, it is not really hard to miss 😉

In frontend, in the upper right corner of a module, hit the edit icon. In Joomla 3.4+ it will open the module parameters screen. This is not working with ACM. Hence my screenshots.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I just tested the option as you mentioned above in T3 framework version 2.4.7 and it’s working fine but some options in JA ACM module are not working well, see the screenshot

1. Screen-Shot-2015-03-30-at-11.44.59
    pepperstreet Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 466056 wrote:</em><blockquote>I just tested the option as you mentioned above in T3 framework version 2.4.7 and it’s working fine but some options in JA ACM module are not working well, see the screenshot
    </blockquote>

It’s working fine? :confused: 😮 :((
    I wonder why the styles are messed up. This is pretty unusable and not for clients. Any chance for a fix?

Ninja Lead Moderator

I’ve reported this issue to the development team via our bug tracking system. They will check and fix it soon. You can track its progress here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pepperstreet 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum