Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

2nd time this has happened on production sites now and it’s starting to anger me as I’m having to put double time in to resolve issues.

I updated to 1.0.8 and when I go to edit my home-page all of the text and buttons I had placed into the blocks has been overwritten, even the number of columns, colours and more!

This is absolutely not satisfactory and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency, there is no reason why the content block styling, text, images, colours etc should be overwritten when updating.

Please fix asap

Thanks,
    Richard

gringo211985 Friend

Another problem = I changed my primary colour, changed my menu to this colour, saved the file and it changes it to a different colour. NOT THE COLOUR I SET!!!!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

Could you clarify in details of how it should be so I can check?

gringo211985 Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

Was this homepage originally created on this live site or imported from another site?

I see this issue happens when:

• This page originally developed in another site (dev site / …)
    • When push this page into your current site, only the published part of page is pushed into the builder tool, not the content while editing.

We highly recommend to use the Import / Export tool from JA Builder, export that page and import into the current site, then you can see the content when editing.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

No, this site has not been transferred, it was directly installed on this domain.

This really sucks because I have already 10+ clients on JA Builder and they are forced to update and I am not confident in them updating without losing content. This problem really needs addressing ASAP.

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

The team is working on this, I will get back to you asap.

Thank you.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

Thanks, please can we get a fix ASAP as I need to work and this is holding up virtually all of my projects!

I believe it would be better if you guys changed the way builder works, instead of the php, css etc being called upon request I’m starting to believe it would solve this issue if we install it on site then new updates are a simple update of php, css etc.

Even having the option of local install or call upon request would be better.

Thanks,
    Richard

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

It should work now.

Could you try to edit again?

gringo211985 Friend

Hi @saguaros

Just checked and it’s working without losing my data.

What was causing this issue and how can I be sure this never happens as my clients may possibly edit their content and run into the same issue.

Would my idea about being able to "install the blocks" directly onto the site help with this? So basically you would choose which blocks you want to install and then it’s written directly to the site instead of being pulled from JA servers.

Also is there going to be a way of deferring the updates until they are thoroughly checked?

Also in your testing can you make sure you test 1. Akeeba backup from one server to another 2. Check block data is not overwritten after update

The above 2 tests would have saved me nearly 2 weeks of production time and it’s unacceptable when paying this amount for JA Builder premium subscription. As I mentioned I have 10+ clients using JA Builder on their sites and I never want this to happen again.

Thanks,
    Richard

PS – I’m now going to update the other sites and will let you know if there’s any problems

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Richard,

I will pass your feedback to the team for further consideration.

For the issue, there was unexpected issue with our server for a while and the content in edited page was not pushed into the server so you didn’t see when editing the page. This would not happen again so pls don’t worry.

You can check other sites and let me know if there is anything wrong with latest version of JA Builder.

Regards

bositman Friend

Well apparently it IS happening again, and no one is providing any public fix for this, only private communications per person, which completely defeats the purpose of an open forum. So now I have to go ahead and create yet another thread with the same issue to be able to work….

Once more I am left with no way to work on my project because of an untested buggy release and/or your buggy servers.

Please make this plugin work without having to rely on your servers working or not.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

The private post contains login info of website from owner of topic and only Moderators can see this info.

You can create a new topic and share the me the login info and clarify the issue in details, we will help you out.

Regards

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Guys,

I’m under the assumption that this will keep happening until it’s moved away from JA servers.

Why we don’t have an option of "install block" then it downloads the files required to host on our own sites locally is beyond me!!!

I guarantee this will happen again if something is not done about this!!!

The testing before JA ever release an update should include

1. Akeeba backup from 1 domain to another
    2. Upgrade on 10 domains separate from JA servers
    3. Forum beta test update (where users can test the latest update on non-production sites before releasing to public)

Having these 3 tests before JA release an update will certainly lower the risk and will mean that us web deisgners won’t have 100+ sites that lose all styling and content.

I mean if my customers were to upgrade and lose content then it would end my business completely!!!

I have 10+ large sites using JA Builder and for me to re-design them and re-build content would take me a few days to restore from backup. In that time my customers would look for an alternative because no one wants to use software that overwrites your edits!!!!

Please @saguaros we need a proper solution for this and at bare minimum need the additional testing methods to be added. I can’t afford to risk my business with a faulty plugin.

Thanks,
    Richard

PS – A couple of extra months onto my sub wouldn’t go a miss either, seeing how I’ve not been able to edit any of my websites for nearly 2 weeks!!! I opened this thread on 19th and was only solved on 26th, in the meantime I have not been able to edit any of my sites using JA Builder!!! Oh and as you are aware I’ve had this exact same problem on one of my other sites. Bit of compensation always goes a long way.

bositman Friend

Hi,

The private post contains login info of website from owner of topic and only Moderators can see this info.

You can create a new topic and share the me the login info and clarify the issue in details, we will help you out.

Regards

I’m not talking about those posts, I mean after you login and ‘resolve’ the issue, no one posts what the issue was, or how it was eventually resolved.

I second everything gringo211985 said. This is literally the first paid software I use that can break your work without even updating it, and without having any way of recovering it afterwards.

Does anyone test your releases before you make them public? How can we continue to use your software when it costs us hours of work whenever you break something and release it untested?

Even reverting to the old version does not remedy the problems…

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  bositman.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum