Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Good day friends,

This fall, our template developers plan to release a Joomla template for Events. Based on our experience and research, we have come up with a list of 5 Joomla extensions for Events, which can be implemented in the template. But most of them are commercial, so we need to know which one is your favorite and we will style and support for the upcoming Joomla events template.

What is your favorite Events extension for Joomla? Your idea matters! We will choose the Joomla extension to implement in September template release based on your votes.

Thank you and love to hear your insights on Joomla extension for events!

*Note: This vote is multiple choice. Feel free to show your love <3 !

rvolt Friend

I like the look of Onanah but then again I’m basing it off the styling from the page and not functionality.
    Events booking is also very clean.
    I think JEvents is ugly and is getting support because loyal members think its yours?

rvolt Friend

I like the look of Onanah but then again I’m basing it off the styling from the page and not functionality.
    I think JEvents is ugly and is getting support because loyal members think its yours?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@rvolt 486064 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the look of Onanah but then again I’m basing it off the styling from the page and not functionality.
    I think JEvents is ugly and is getting support because loyal members think its yours?</blockquote>

No, everyone knows JEvents is not ours. The reason it is getting more hits in the poll here is because it has been around for many years now.

I like the Onanah one.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@rvolt 486064 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the look of Onanah but then again I’m basing it off the styling from the page and not functionality.
    I think JEvents is ugly and is getting support because loyal members think its yours?</blockquote>

No, everyone knows JEvents is not ours. The reason it is getting more hits in the poll here is because it has been around for many years now.

I like the Onanah one.

kuschel Friend

My favorite is vikevents. It is great, works with paypal, you get a ticket and it looks good.

kuschel Friend

My favorite is vikevents. It is great, works with paypal, you get a ticket and it looks good.

rvolt Friend

10-4, I personally could not see any reason its styling was chosen over the others, so I could only assume 😎

rvolt Friend

10-4, I personally could not see any reason its styling was chosen over the others, so I could only assume 😎

rvolt Friend

<em>@kuschel 486067 wrote:</em><blockquote>My favorite is vikevents. It is great, works with paypal, you get a ticket and it looks good.</blockquote>
    Working with paypal is a great feature to consider.

rvolt Friend

<em>@kuschel 486067 wrote:</em><blockquote>My favorite is vikevents. It is great, works with paypal, you get a ticket and it looks good.</blockquote>
    Working with paypal is a great feature to consider.

Instant Web Friend

Use CiviCRM. It is free and quite straight forward. I tried many event managers paid and unpaid and they all suck at certain features. The only one working as expected is CiviCRM events and include several payment gateways.
    Hope this help

Web Solutions you can Trust

Instant Web Friend

Use CiviCRM. It is free and quite straight forward. I tried many event managers paid and unpaid and they all suck at certain features. The only one working as expected is CiviCRM events and include several payment gateways.
    Hope this help

Web Solutions you can Trust

jshuflin Friend

Here are my reasons for voting for Ohanah and for suggesting it as (at least one) an event extension you design for:

1. Functionality: Ohanah has outstanding functionality in terms of 1) Payment integration 2) Customized registration fields 3) Recurring events 4) Venue and event-specific galleries 5) Integration with Mailchimp Lists. I’m not saying others don’t have these things, only that Ohanah does — and does them well.

2. Consistently frequent updates. I’ve used Ohanah for more than 3 years now on one site, and have tried other event managers on other sites and then switch to Ohanah again. Throughout that time, updates have come regularly — usually every 5-8 weeks. These are not just bug fix updates, but most add some functionality.

3. Consistently responsive support: Ohanah provides quick support and has great documentation online for common issues.

These three areas are not only great characteristics of Ohanah, but great characteristics of JoomlArt as well. I think this makes Ohanah a top candidate for you to include, because you’ll want to ensure that styling for an event system doesn’t create more support headaches for YOU.

Personally, I think you should include styling for TWO different event systems, a free one and a paid one.

jshuflin Friend

Here are my reasons for voting for Ohanah and for suggesting it as (at least one) an event extension you design for:

1. Functionality: Ohanah has outstanding functionality in terms of 1) Payment integration 2) Customized registration fields 3) Recurring events 4) Venue and event-specific galleries 5) Integration with Mailchimp Lists. I’m not saying others don’t have these things, only that Ohanah does — and does them well.

2. Consistently frequent updates. I’ve used Ohanah for more than 3 years now on one site, and have tried other event managers on other sites and then switch to Ohanah again. Throughout that time, updates have come regularly — usually every 5-8 weeks. These are not just bug fix updates, but most add some functionality.

3. Consistently responsive support: Ohanah provides quick support and has great documentation online for common issues.

These three areas are not only great characteristics of Ohanah, but great characteristics of JoomlArt as well. I think this makes Ohanah a top candidate for you to include, because you’ll want to ensure that styling for an event system doesn’t create more support headaches for YOU.

Personally, I think you should include styling for TWO different event systems, a free one and a paid one.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Pointel 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum