Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

So I knew about Jevents and event bookings. The other two were knew so I ran through their demos. Matukio really impressed from a user experience perspective. It is clean and easy to use. It has quite broad feature set, not on the lines of DT Reigster that has been noted but offers good value for money.

The thing with Matukio is they already use the T3 template so they should drop into existing T3 templates with little effort right? Does it warrant a template effort?

mponteri1228 Friend

Having used three of these in previous projects, i am familiar with at least a few of them and how they function. By far, I am seriously biased towards Ohanah. It has the potential to have the most professional looking events pages of the three i have used before (the other two being JEvents, which i wouldn’t even consider and Events Booking, which i consider the second to Ohanah of the five here)
    I have used Ohanah on three projects, and was extremely pleased with how the events sections were completed on all three projects (the customers were more than pleased, and had absolutely no complaints with the finished product, and were actually surprised with what they got for the price they paid). This was possible because once you got the hang of creating events in Ohanah (which was pretty easy compared to some), adding any number of custom events from that point was quick, with a great finished look.
    In other words, my vote definitely goes with Ohanah, even if it ended costing me a few bucks in the end, it is well worth the cost.

mponteri1228 Friend

Having used three of these in previous projects, i am familiar with at least a few of them and how they function. By far, I am seriously biased towards Ohanah. It has the potential to have the most professional looking events pages of the three i have used before (the other two being JEvents, which i wouldn’t even consider and Events Booking, which i consider the second to Ohanah of the five here)
    I have used Ohanah on three projects, and was extremely pleased with how the events sections were completed on all three projects (the customers were more than pleased, and had absolutely no complaints with the finished product, and were actually surprised with what they got for the price they paid). This was possible because once you got the hang of creating events in Ohanah (which was pretty easy compared to some), adding any number of custom events from that point was quick, with a great finished look.
    In other words, my vote definitely goes with Ohanah, even if it ended costing me a few bucks in the end, it is well worth the cost.

miku Friend

I think all are useless if they don’t have seat charts. I found only these two has option that customer chose and buy their own seats:
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/calendars-a-events/events/vik-events
    http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/calendars-a-events/events/ticketmaster

James G Friend

Ohanah is also about to release their new version which potentially could make it even better – i havent researched it that much although i do have a subscription as i’m waiting to use it on a new site im developing.

Also another shout for DT Register – although the one thing about them is that they can go ages not answering support tickets. They seem to be very hit and miss with regards to support – infact a bug i reported is still left unanswered from months back.

websair Friend

please create joomla 3.x template for JA Job Board

joomlaexcel Friend

Suggestion for better results:
    I am guessing that there is only a minority of your customers who are knowledgeable in the major FEATURES of these calendar extensions.
    Therefore, in order to get much better feedback and higher number of responses from your customers and a more accurate picture of your customer needs, I highly recommend creating an clear side-by-side chart/matrix showing the FEATURES list of these calendars.

joomlaexcel Friend

Suggestion for better results:
    I am guessing that there is only a minority of your customers who are knowledgeable in the major FEATURES of these calendar extensions.
    Therefore, in order to get much better feedback and higher number of responses from your customers and a more accurate picture of your customer needs, I highly recommend creating an clear side-by-side chart/matrix showing the FEATURES list of these calendars.

Pointel Friend

Captivating, well done and easy to consult

Pointel Friend

Captivating, well done and easy to consult

becclesb Friend

I have used Events Booking for quite a few websites and for quite a few years.

The reason I use it after trying other systems is that it is very easy to use for the client, it is very easy to configure, since all source code is available it is easy to rewrite and get what exactly what I want, but the best thing is the support.

On the odd occasion I have needed support it is very quick and concise. One occasion I could not get what I wanted and paid for a rewrite – this was delivered quickly and at a good price.

If you have not come across it before, please check it out.

becclesb Friend

Constructive?

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Pointel 8 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum