Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author

I have just installed ja tellineII for joomla 1.5.6

I do not have the module ja-news to post the articles world, sport; technology somebody to say to me how to configure the module

thank you

victortopper Friend

On new the template from ja tellineII the module ja new was removed impossible to install it nobody can help me

mj1256 Friend

I’m not sure what the problem is, did you install form the quickstart package

are all of the other smaple items installed

victortopper Friend

Yes I installed with quickstart, but I do not have all the modules ja-new lack to add of another heading. Here my URL to see my problem.
    http://mwindapresstv.mwinda.org

Thank you for your assistance

questbg Friend

Hi Victor

I received your e-mail but I’ve lost my Admin password, can you send again?

Perhaps the first thing to try would be to download the latest JANews extension from here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=638

and install it again.

Let me know if this works!

Salut Victor
    J’ai reçu votre e-mail mais j’ai perdu mon mot de passe admin, pouvez-vous l’envoyer de nouveau ?

Peut-être la première chose à essayer serait de télécharger la dernière extension JANews d’ici :
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=638

et installez-le de nouveau.

Alors, dites-moi si cela travaille!

Chris

questbg Friend

Hi Everyone

Well, this one’s beyond me! I’ve had a look around at Admin level and compared Victor’s quickstart installation to my own. Everything looks exactly the same in Admin … Same Sections published, Same Categories published, Magazine Menu exactly the same, etc.

However, this is the problem:

The ‘normal’ magazine menu appears to have disappeared and instead we have the ‘top menu’ in its place (I think):

Which is probably related to the fact that none of the ‘regular’ categories are appearing in the JANews position (World, Sport, Art, etc.)?

However, these categories do exist and the demo articles are all published as normal. If you were to click on one of the articles which appear in JA News FrontPage, they take you to the correct location and you can then navigate via the breadcrumbs:

So, the real question is:

How to revert the demo installation to have the Magazine menu published where it should be and reinstate the sections into JA News position?

Any help gratefully appreciated. I can log in as Admin on Victor’s site to try things, and I’ll translate the fix later into French if we manage to find one!

Many thanks
    Chris

victortopper Friend

please nobody can help me. You all you are on holida

reachthesky Friend

Hi victor, I had a similar problem with JA_VILLADI. Unfortunately I couldnt fix it by either only using the JA News module (comes withn Xenia II) or JA News component. So I had to use both of them. Perhaps you can try the same thing. What I did is that I configured JA News component to work as the headline *since it was the only thing that worked. and I used JA News module to display the columns and categories. I found however, that certain categories didn;t work even If I created new ones, in my Case, frontpage module only worked with 2,3,4,6 the rest of the categories didnt work. Anyway, I hope this gives you a better idea of how to workaround your problem while awaiting the solution.

Now, even if you dont have a JA_News position, try adding it or if you can also try to work around it, like placing the component and the module above the banner position or something like that. :S

Sherlock Friend

Hi victortopper !
    if posible, Please send admin account via pm , i will check it for you. now , i see JA News and JA News FP display in frontpage . Have you solved the problem ?

victortopper Friend

Hello hainn84,

Cordonnées were sent on your private message

Victor

questbg Friend

This could be interesting, I couldn’t see anything obvious that would cause the problem! I hope Hainn84 can fix it and tell us how he did it!!

Sherlock Friend

Hi victortopper !
    Please check it is ok now .
    http://mwindapresstv.mwinda.org/

Sherlock Friend

Hi all !
    I have fixed it by way :
    change option Show front page article option from “NO” to “YES” . i’m checking the problem in teline ii package , i think that is other problem of JA News modules. i will response it soon for you !
    thanks all for report !2530

questbg Friend

Well done Hainn84!

Alors, au travaille Victor 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@hainn84 74586 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all !
    I have fixed it by way :
    change option Show front page article option from “NO” to “YES” . i’m check the problem in teline ii package , i think that is other problem of JA News modules. i’m response it soon for you !
    thanks all for report !2530</blockquote>

Hi Hainn,

I am not an expert, but I do not think the one you suggested is the solution Hainn. First of all, the Sections indicated to be missing in the original thread are still missing.

The one you showed in the image — checking:

Show front page article option from “NO” to “YES”

will only cause the articles in the JA News Frontpage to appear also in their respective Sections in the JA News module

You should still see all the Demo Section in the JA News whether the above was checked YES, as you suggested. If it was the default “NO”, the JA News Frontpage articles will not show in the respective Sections in the JA News module.

Has someone checked the JA News module Section list?

What are they?

If this is a fresh install, using the QuickStart; instead of wasting time, I would do another installation — until one gets the Demo layout. At this stages, it is a waste of time to attempt to correct something that might not have been installed properly.

At least that is what I do, in my case. After all, if everything is already setup — the actual installation itself should take only 5-10 minutes at most.

Instead, the total time spent by everyone here must have been several hours.

There is a reason for the error, but not the one suggested to solve it.

Cornelio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)

This topic contains 45 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum