Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I have been a long time supporter of Joomarlt and have recommend them to countless people. However recently they lock my topics and generally portray jest against seasoned designers. I have the utmost respect for their dev team, however i would recommend people turn to yootheme. They don’t lock topics and conduct themselves in an aggressive way. Joomlart people are great, however my recent posting regarding my new project, and even thanking them much for a great starting point, has only garnished hostility from their forum moderation team.

With that said….. Yootheme doesn’t lock my posts and does not act childish on their forums.

Word to the wise if your gonna lock a topic, and spit in the face of a paying subscriber, at least have the decency to explain your actions.

Then again i will still pay to be a member because you developers are quality even if your moderators are crap.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56007#post56007

Thanks! Again for great template. But you won’t get the same bullshit from the mods on YooTheme.

Time to stop recommending Joomlart for custom jobs.

Menalto Friend

If you took the time to read the FAQ and what is allowed or not you would clearly see this:

[FONT="Arial Black"]Can I remove JoomlArt Copyright?
    Written by Hung Dinh
    Yes. You can edit or remove the JoomlArt copyright information at the bottom of the template. You can claim the copyright notice "All right reserved", however the claim on creation of the template, such as:"Designed by Your Company"...are not allowed. Allowed: Copyright � 2005 - 2006 Your Company. Developed by Your Company Not Allowed : Copyright � 2005 - 2006 Your Company. Designed by Your Company[/FONT]

Do you understand why your post is locked?
    Do you still think the moderators are crap?
    Who started with this crap?
    Not me, i just follow the rules, which you didnt do. You started this crap yourself.
    Here is the prove of it, just take a look at the images below:

jonathanretting Friend

Apparent;y the word “designed” is owned by Joomlart. Moreover its usage is in direct conflict with them. Word to the wise Joomlart, moderate and help your community, but don’t vilify its users and subscribers.

You can expect me from this point forward to no longer recommend Joomalrt to anyone, moreover I will explain how Joomlart is more concerned with the word “designed” than the happiness of its customers.

Joomlart apparently lays claim to the word “designed” and according to their moderators “developed” is an aceptable replacement. Why they decided to engage in such ridiculousness is anyones guess. Yet, one things for sure it definitely doesn’t help them. Especially when countless support requests and questions go unanswered. Always remeber Joomlart, choose your battles, and it would seem the word “designed” is more important than positive portrayals of Joomlart.

Talk about choosing a stupid battle. Maybe the mods should dedicate their time to helping thier subscribers instead of making it seem they are doing their job.

Once again Joomlart does an excellent job at developing. I can’t use the word “design” becuase that is unacceptable to use in you webpage, if you use Joomlart templates.

Maybe tomorrow ill spend a couple hours helping you community with their questions. Because this is what is extremely lacking in Joomlart. Im a sesoned web guy, so i would be glad to help!

Menalto Friend

As it is for most of the other clubs you are allowed to remove the copyrights in the footer

jonathanretting Friend

<em>@Menalto 56012 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Do you understand why your post is locked?
    Do you still think the moderators are crap?
    Who started with this crap?
    Not me, i just follow the rules, which you didnt do. You started this crap yourself.
    </blockquote>

This is what you can expect from Joomlart Forums.

If you can avoid Joomlart, do!

Menalto Friend

By locking your post and tell you to read the members faq and follow the rules i as a moderator gonna get this:
    <blockquote>They don’t lock topics and conduct themselves in an aggressive way.
    however my recent has only garnished hostility from their forum moderation team.

Yootheme doesn’t lock my posts and does not act childish on their forums.

Word to the wise if your gonna lock a topic, and spit in the face of a paying subscriber, at least have the decency to explain your actions.

your moderators are crap.

But you won’t get the same bullshit from the mods on YooTheme.</blockquote>
    But i really dont understand why you complain about it when you started it

jonathanretting Friend

Im sorry im confused….. Am i the one who went all Gestapo? Don’t think so. I hope your boss reprimands you.

Menalto Friend

He can just reprimands me as he wants , he can even kick me out of here if he wants to. I have followed the rules set up by JA and have followed them. In this case you did not follow what JA has set up as rules and usage of the templates.

Hung Dinh Friend

Hi jonathanretting,
    This is not a presale issues. I have moved your posts to the correct forum. Please do not spam your post and violate our Forum rules or I must take more strict actions.

jonathanretting Friend

I am confused….. Wouldn’t a consumer want to know indnepth information of what they can expect from Joomlart once they sign up?

Please feel free to move this to the appropriate category “Testimonials”

Thanks,
    -Jon

Professionalism is refreshing thanks! Hopefully you all will get “fan people” at some point to “flame on those how do no like” Until then this is a testimonial. Right now im curious of you all will move my post once again. And am even more curious if you will ban me because of my insistence on this being seen. If this happens im even more curios if you will make me pay again just to air my grievances. without out being buried.

askieman Friend

Remove your line: “Designed by your own company” in your Retting website and your topic will be opened again. By the way, you can still use other lines like: Developed by, Powered by…

Hung Dinh Friend

HI jonathanretting,
    I have discussed with Menalto:

<blockquote>i closed his post in the showcase due to that he claim the design of the template and told him ot read the FAQ about it and that he could PM me for clarifications</blockquote>

So what he have done is totally right and proper. All he want is you change your copyright information at your website because what you have claimed is against our terms of use.

What we have done wrong here? Correct me please

PS: Kindly stop spaming at forum. This is my final warning.

jonathanretting Friend

Its not about the “word” being used anymore. Its about how Joomlart conducted themselves. Moreover Joomlart, technically has no claim over the “word” in question. An doesn’t not give them the right to treat multiple years paying members in this fashion.

askieman Friend

BTW, Jonathan is a loyal customer, he referred many other customers to JA, I’m not wondering if he will get some special treatment.

jonathanretting Friend

I don’t care about special treatment. The professionalism of the templates is enough. As of right now im awaiting the “legal documentation” which prevents me from using the word “designed”. Until i have received these documents i have done nothing wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum