Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a quick question about this template. I am using the xLayout – Magazine which is great, however I want to show the author name ONLY in the article view, not blog view – is this possible? I can’t seem to find the settings anywhere.

Currently I have the menu item set to Article Info Options > use article settings

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@johnnys 423429 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have a quick question about this template. I am using the xLayout – Magazine which is great, however I want to show the author name ONLY in the article view, not blog view – is this possible? I can’t seem to find the settings anywhere.

Currently I have the menu item set to Article Info Options > use article settings

Any ideas?

Thanks</blockquote>

If you want to hide author from magazine layout just to go to the menu > options > Artickle info options
    and set author >HIDE

see this

Hope it Helps

1. Joomla-Administration-Menu-Manager-Edit-Menu-Item
    johnnys Friend

Hi pankajsharma,

thanks for the reply.

that does indeed work, however the author is also hidden from article view also (whenever I click an article to read more).

I want the author to be hidden from the main blog page, but visible in each individual article.

regards,

j

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

yes thats the solution that i provide above. show the author of the articles. hide them from menu setting. see my above post carefully.
    hope it helps

johnnys Friend

thank you for the help, but it really doesnt work.

I have the article info options set to hide as you suggest, this hides it from the menu item AND the article view.

Is there something else I’m missing, I have followed your instructions perfectly.

I appreciate the help.

J

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  johnnys 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum