Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

This is my first post here so just want to say hello first.

I had a clean install of Joomla and added the Xenia shopping II theme and all was well until this afternoon. I was making some content changes and now the Main Menu and other blocks that should display on the left display on the right. I checked it in Firefox and the blocks display correctly but not with Internet Explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Here’s the link to the site.

http://www.odinlivesonline.com

Roger

arclight5000 Friend

I’ve narrowed the problem down to the JA News module so I will try and get this resolved by not using that module. The site hasn’t been officially launched yet, so I haven’t left it up. If anyone has had a similar problem with JA News, let me know.

Roger

arba Friend

<em>@Arclight5000 8040 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve narrowed the problem down to the JA News module so I will try and get this resolved by not using that module. The site hasn’t been officially launched yet, so I haven’t left it up. If anyone has had a similar problem with JA News, let me know.

Roger</blockquote>

Me ,here is link to my site http://jomla.elegancereef.com/index.php , everything was ok with old contents/categories what was there before I install xenia ,when I open new section/categories/contents main page broke up ,what was left go right ,what was right go down >:( .

arclight5000 Friend

That’s exactly the problem I’m having. I unpublished JA News and reset the home page settings and everything’s fine now. If you don’t need the JA News module, try my solution and see if it fixes your problem.

Thanks for letting me know it’s not an isolated thing.

Roger

arba Friend

I do not wont to unpublish ja news ( I know that I can solve problem if I unpublish ja news ,he is responsible for many problem I had and will posiblly have in the future ) because I buy membership to have ja news module ,that is great thing and I hope I will have him on my page ,no matter what ,lol .
    Khanh fix the problem what I have few hour ago and now everything is ok … almost 😎 ,now modules get back to their positions but ja news get published on the other pages even I checked that he get presented only in main/home page .
    Probably Khanh will reply solution here or you can contact him by private mesagges .
    Hope you will understend ,English language are not my native language .
    Regards ,Mirabel 🙂

Khanh Le Moderator

To Arclight5000: I visit your site but you have turned it off. You could set the value of “Max Chars” parameter of JA News module to 0. I hope it could fix your problem.

To arba: You need create a menu item linking to your section which contains the article (pages that display ja news), otherwise, Joomla will understand that article is under homepage.

arclight5000 Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 8065 wrote:</em><blockquote>To Arclight5000: I visit your site but you have turned it off. You could set the value of “Max Chars” parameter of JA News module to 0. I hope it could fix your problem.

To arba: You need create a menu item linking to your section which contains the article (pages that display ja news), otherwise, Joomla will understand that article is under homepage.</blockquote>

Thanks for the reply and I may try that but I need stability more than I need the JA News module at this time. The site is turned off because we haven’t launched officially yet. I may give it a try before we go live but the site is working fine without JA News for now.

Thanks again,

Roger

rayfurre Friend

Hello,
    I instelled template xania shopping II and have same problem in IE and Opera.
    can support look it please? site: webkonsepter.no

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Rayfurre,
    The problem comes from 2 module in your left column: “Valgfri design” and “Ta kontakt”. You should reduce the width of images and remove the hspace for images inside those modules. Moreover, if you use “Clipnote” style, the word “informasjonsmøte” is too long also causing the left column down.

rayfurre Friend

Thanks for your reply!
    Problem was in IE 6.0, now there no problems with left column.
    But there is still problem with top menu in Opera (tested with Opera 9.10).
    p.s.
    In template settings:
    $ja_width_default = ‘wide’;
    Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rayfurre 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum