Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JA Xenia Shopping Edition with VirtueMart integrated is now available. However you will have to do some steps to install this complicated components and some of its modules. Please follow these steps to make your site the same as the demo.

* Go to VirtueMart official website and then download VirtueMart Completed Package.
    The current version at the time of this post is 1.0.9.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Components. Install com_virtuemart to your site.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Modules. Install mod_product_categories to your site.
    Go to Modules -> Site Modules then find Product Categories Module.
    Change the title to something shorter like Products, publish the module and set the Category display type to Link List

To have a Product menu on your menu system, go to Menu -> mainmenu and then press New module
    Choose Component as your menu type and then press Next
    Choose VirtueMart from the Component list, choose the menu name and then hit Save
    * Now you’ll have a menu item named Product and the products menu.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Modules. Install mod_virtuemart_cart to your site.
    Go to Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add a position named your-cart to your site.
    Go to Modules -> Site Modules then find Your Cart Module.
    Set the position of the module to the newly created your-cart. You can also change the module name if you want. Publish the module.

* Now you’ll have the cool Your cart module on the top right of the page.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Modules. Install mod_virtuemart_featureprod to your site.
    Go to Site -> Template Manager -> Module Positions. Add a position named vm-fp to your site.
    Go to Modules -> Site Modules then find Featured Products.
    Set the position of the module to the newly created vm-fp.

Set the Display Style to Horizontal (1 Row)

(Recommended): Set the Products per row value to 3
    Publish the module.
    * Now you’ll have the Featured products show on the top of the page
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Modules. Install mod_virtuemart_latestprod to your site.
    Go to Modules -> Site Modules then find Latest Products.

Set the position of the module to right.
    Set the Module class suffix to -lprod.
    Publish the module.
    * Now you’ll have the Latest products show on the right of the page.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Installers -> Mambot. Install mosproductsnap to your site.
    Go to Mambots -> Site Mambots, find mosproductsnap and activate it.
    * Download ja_virtuemart_layout_for_xenia.zip from JA Xenia download sections and extract it to the root folder of your site.
    * Go to your Administration Panel, Components -> VirtueMart.
    Go to VirtueMart menu system, Products -> List Categories.
    With each category, set the Category Browse Page to ja_vm_cat_browse and Show x products per row to 2.

* Now you’ll have the category listing with the new style like the demo page.

magicbag Friend

You state to Downloa VirtueMart Compleat package but they also offer “Joomla! 1.0.12 eCommerce Edition (VM 1.0.9)”. Can I use this one if it’s a new Joomla instal?

I must add that it would be nice to have better instructions on which files to download to have the JA Xenia II shopping system up and running!

ha le-viet Developer

Hi magicbag,

I stated that the package should be downloaded was VirtueMart Completed Package. It contains all thing you need to install VirtueMart as separated components, modules and mambots. It’s a better solution when you can manually choose what module you need.

In the instructions, I also wrote about what module, mambot was used in JA Xenia II Shopping Edition.

Regards,
    Ha Le-Viet.

bijlmer Friend

hi,
    this template with shopping looks great.
    in the live demo there is an flash element on the page , where can i find that?

thanks
    Hans

magicbag Friend

Thank you for your reply.

I did see the complete VM package but I just wondered if the Joomla/VM package would work as well.

As for the Xenia II template, The Joomlart download section has all the DL Xenia files on the same page. (Xenia, Xenia Game II, Xenia II shopping, and so on. )

Here is what I DLed for Joomlart: to set up the same VM shopping demo
    JA VirtueMart Layout for Xenia II
    JA News Module
    JA Xenia II Shopping Eidtion
    JA Xenia II Shopping Edition User Guides
    JA Xenia Source Files
    JA Xenia Template (Do I need this?)

With all the choices, I found it a little confusing.

bijlmer Friend

Hi,

i am working my way via the tut with this template with the example date.
    It works fine.

I am only confused by the latest instructions.
    Download the ja-layout etc.
    I did downloaded it, it has two maps components and administrator.
    But when i place that in the root i have to replace the old components and administrator and the site is stocks, does not work anymore.

I did replace the old ones and works fine, so what do i do wrong?

my url is: http://www.amsterdamzuidoostgallery.nl/markt/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

thanks
    Hans

maartmo Friend

After installing mos_productsnap ande changing the browse page in the cattegories the virtuemart layout looks like it is suposed to, but on every other menu link I get the following error :

Warning: main(/home/movennai/public_html//components/com_phpshop/phpshop_parser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/movennai/public_html/mambots/content/mosproductsnap_xtd.php on line 42

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required ‘/home/movennai/public_html//components/com_phpshop/phpshop_parser.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/movennai/public_html/mambots/content/mosproductsnap_xtd.php on line 42

This is the code at line 42

global $ps_product;
    //require_once( “$mosConfig_absolute_path/includes/mosproductsnapinc.php”);
    require_once( “$mosConfig_absolute_path/components/com_phpshop/phpshop_parser.php” );
    include_class(“product”);

Unpublishing this mos_productsnap did not solve this problem !!! Please some advise ! Most of my site can’t be reached. Hope someone can help fast.

imaaxx Friend

Helo,

Can we get a version with gamer and virtue mart together? Please 😀 and Thank you!

Regards

objectsby Friend

Hello. I just recently joined ja template club and have been trying to use ja xenia ii shopping.
    Have problem with the “your cart” that is showing double “add to cart” button and doesnt show the cart content as soon as an item is added.

I have download and install the patch to replace the minicart.tpl but still not working, still double button.

Also the “add to cart” buttons are missing
    Is this problem coming from the template or the virtue mart itself?

Am using joomla 1.0.15 and vm 1.1

thanks… hope someone could help

reachthesky Friend

<em>@objectsby 57626 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello. I just recently joined ja template club and have been trying to use ja xenia ii shopping.
    Have problem with the “your cart” that is showing double “add to cart” button and doesnt show the cart content as soon as an item is added.

I have download and install the patch to replace the minicart.tpl but still not working, still double button.

thanks… hope someone could help</blockquote>

I think the double button is due IE6. do you use that browser?

emrfixit Friend

<em>@objectsby 57626 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello. I just recently joined ja template club and have been trying to use ja xenia ii shopping.

thanks… hope someone could help</blockquote>
    I’ve just upgraded from VM 1.0.12 to VM 1.1 and now have the same issues aobjectsby…

have any ideas?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  emrfixit 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum