Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

If I perform a search using the searchform in the results page, the results I get are found among other k2 categories apart from the right one.

See for instance here. The only category it should be looking into is “Periodoncia & Osteointegración”, while other 2 categories appear.

How do I correct this??

I hope someone can help me out :-[

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Which version of K2 search module are you using?

The K2 search module has been updated in v2.5 and now you can define specific categories for it to search.
    So you can create multiple copies of the module (e.g. 2) and have one for the site, the other for an intranet section and so on 😉

merzbau Friend

Do you mean which version of the K2 component do Ihave? I have v2.4.1, but I cannot find a newer one on their site.

My version of the JAK2 search module should be the latest one, I downloaded it today. (I see from the extension manager that I have v.1.0.3 of mod_jak2_filter).
    Do I have an old version then? If yes, where can I get the latest one?

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “The only category it should be looking into is “Periodoncia & Osteointegración” as K2 search has always been an “all or nothing” kind of search. A simple plugin – “K2 Search” – includes or excludes K2 content from Joomla search…but selecting categories to include has been left to other add-ons of K2. Perhaps you are using one of these? Providing us an Admin login may help us better understand your set up.

Meanwhile, Fortis has released a v2.5 of K2 (currently a release candidate…and thus not included in a Joomlart Template) which includes a module that will allow you to select which categories of K2 you want to appear in search results. We cannot vouch, support or advise you on whether to use a Release Candidate of K2…and the module does not come separately.

In the alternative, you can hack the com_search directly to limit the categories being searched.
    GET THE HACK. But you will be playing with the Joomla CORE … so any updates are likely to be overwritten in future Joomla releases.

Have fun!
    John.

merzbau Friend

So, if I understand correctly, what you a re saying is that:

It is not possible to restrict a search to one K2 category only, when using the search form.

The only way to restrict a search to one K2 category is focusing the search to specific K2 searchfields.

So, there is no way to set up a search within the whole content of a K2 article in a specific category.

We have to choose between search for some extrafields, or a search among the contents of all the k2 articles, no matter which category they belong to.

Is that correct?

Yes that is correct, not without hacking the com_search.
    K2 is working on it, and has included the functionality in their 2.5rc (release candidate), …but we do not support K2 release candidates.
    So drive at your own risk. Though they too have a wonderfully active forum.

John.

merzbau Friend

Ok.
    I would prefer not to hack the core. That would probably even give me more headaches, because I have more than one search fields in different parts of the site. And in some of those, I do need the search to be performed as a standard one.

Thank you for your time & help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  merzbau 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum