Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

on my live linux server whenever i put wrong credentials in login it leads to error 500 page rather than notifying of wrong username or password.

On my local WAMP server its works as expected redirects to the login page
    /index.php/component/users/?view=login with error message.

whats the problem? is this something related to the directory permissions? Though joomla directory permission info shows all directories writable.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,

This “error 500 page” is usually related to permission issue. Did you tried to change the permission? If it still not help, please pm me URL, FTP account I’ll check this for you.

anupam_sam Friend

can u guide me which folder should i check for permissions to solve this error?

Saguaros Moderator

Could you send me a private message with URL and FTP account? I need a closer look and will check for you. Also please include this thread url into message.

anupam_sam Friend

hye hien,
    i sent u the required details via PM. plz check…

Saguaros Moderator

Hi there,
    Have you tried to contact with your ISP provider? I’ve checked permissions, paths to log/tmp folders, also tried to disable SEF but no success. :((

anupam_sam Friend

so what should i do now?
    what could be the problem?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,
    Are you using login module of Joomla or our JA Login module? Have you tried installing this module with other template like Bee? Please try it to make sure that whether this only happen with this template or all others.

anupam_sam Friend

i am using joomla login module. Ja login module is not installed.

other templates also giving the same Error 500!

anupam_sam Friend

now what i did, changed the permission of /logs/error.php to 0666 and now getting the proper error messages.

Saguaros Moderator

Dear,

If it also occurs with other template so you also need to ask you hosting provider for help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum