Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

I use JA Helio on http://www.ceecn.net site and have this problems:

1. In IE 8 page aren´t centered, but left align, after switching to compatible mode is page centered

2. In the bottom of page is blue belt displayed after clicking at image gallery page

this is not ever but random

http://screencast.com/t/xMdB8VbY7C

Phill Moderator

Download the latest version of the template and hopefully that will fix it. It has changed but the file version shown in the downloads section has not.

moccras Friend

I have the same problem as yard2008, I understand what you are saying but I have built this site for a client and have it published.
    How can I change the template without desturbing the site?

theprofessor Friend

You may have to disturb the site. What I would do is take a backup, and perhaps perform the maintenance late at night or at a time when they get the least amount of traffic.

It should be an simple change that would only take a few minutes, but always best to protect yourself in case Murphy’s Law strikes. 😎

Phill Moderator

Add the IE compatability meta tag to the head as a short term fix.

Then download the latest version of the template and using a file compare program find out what has changed from the old to the new. Winmerge is one such tool that will take care of this.

http://winmerge.org/

I believe there are only a couple of changes, 3 or 4 files at the most.

Once you know what is different you can upload just those files via ftp overwiting the ones on your server. Before you do that, make sure you have made no custom changes to any of the files you are overwriting and take backups first.

I know that sounds complicated but it really is quite easy and should take less than half an hour.

Good luck.

mfcphil Friend

That link gave me a trojan….be careful

<blockquote>Detected: JS/Exploit-Iframe (Trojan)</blockquote>

Phill Moderator

Looks like they might have a problem at winmerge. Shame, I’ve been using that program for years. I hope they fix it soon.

moccras Friend

Many thanks to all of you, where would we be without help….
    I think I will back up the mysql file, then delete the site, then upload the new template package then delete the mysql file and upload the backup mysql file. !!
    I think that’s my easiest option as I’m not to good with code and php.
    Like I said many thanks to you.

Phill Moderator

Nooooooo. If you have made no custom modifications to the actual template, simply go into template manager and switch to a different template. The uninstall the current copy of helio. Download the latest version from here and install it then switch back to helio in template manager. It shouldn’t take more than 10 mins.

moccras Friend

Good grief, I would never have thought of that, amazing.
    Thanks Phil it is apprecated believe me. I kept looking at the site in IE8 and even now I can’t understand the way Microsoft thinking, we always get problems with them and never with anyone else.
    Like I said thank you.
    John.

moccras Friend

In fact I will do it now, well after my tea.
    I will let you know how it went later tonight, thanks again.

moccras Friend

Hi Phil, I just reinstalled the template and everything woked fine, IE8 is still displaying to the left though…
    Maybe it’s me doing something wrong, any ideas?
    John.

moccras Friend

I think I just replied to myself, !! Phil, I just did a reinstall and everything went smoothly but IE8 still displays to the left, any ideas…?

Phill Moderator

I’ll install it on my machine and see if I can see what is going on.

moccras Friend

Thanks Phil.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

This topic contains 32 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  moccras 14 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum