Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Would a developer mind sharing the JA Showcase with me???not the beta

I have tried the beta with a ton of templates all have issues…

it would be very nice….

thanks

:D:D:D

unixboymd Friend

I highly doubt that you’ll find any JA “developer” member that would be willing to share the extension with you – since it could be considered a breech of their agreement with JA and cause them to lose their JA membership.

operator01 Friend

were are those exact words that a developer cannot share a component with a standard membership????

unixboymd Friend

In the clubs Terms of Service. You may want to read them sometime. I’ve highlighted in RED. Unless you become this developers client and unless they add the URL of the site you will use the extension on then that developer will be in violation of the JA TOS and could lose their membership.

And as the TOS clearly states, that developer CAN NOT can not give, lend, loan, or otherwise share with you.

1.2 JA DEVELOPER MEMBERSHIP: “JA Developer Membership” holders are given the right to run unlimited instances of any templates or any other products on any domain. Licensed domains are unlimited! This is of course good for full time individual web design developers/companies.

The Developer Membership License can be understood as the authorization to use any JA templates/products for clients/3rd parties. This license is a perfect option if you are independent Web/Joomla designers/developers/companies who want to use or develop JA templates/products for your clients.

LICENSED DOMAINS DECLARATION
    You will need to add your site URL to the domains list for each Membership subscription so that our system can validate your licenses. Our Copyright infringement detection robot will research on Google result everyday, any domains using JA Templates Club products without license will be contacted and automatically reported to JoomlArt.
    Total Licensed domains are summarized in Member Area

3. UNAUTHORIZED USE: You may not place any of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from our company.

4. ASSIGNABILITY: You may not sub-license, assign, or transfer this license to anyone else without prior written consent from our company.

operator01 Friend

i copied over the wholoe thing……
    Terms of Use Print E-mail
    Tuesday, 22 March 2005

Revised on April 05, 2007

Please be sure you understand and agree to our terms of use before downloading or using any of JoomlArt.com templates for your personal or client sites. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at the contact page.

You should carefully read the following terms and conditions. Your purchase or use of JoomlArt.com products, membership or services implies that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
    I. COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

All editorial content and graphics on our sites are protected by U.S. copyright, international treaties and other applicable copyright laws and may not be copied without the express permission of JoomlArt.com, which reserves all rights. Re-use of any of JoomlArt.com’s editorial content and graphics for any purpose without our permission is strictly prohibited.
    II. JA CLUB MEMBERSHIP & DEVELOPER MEMBERSHIP LICENSE

JoomlArt.com grants you a nonexclusive limited license to use the JoomlArt templates and other products sold through our web site by independent contract providers (the “products”) in accordance with these Section I and III of these Terms & Conditions (the “license”) issued by our company.

1. LIMITED USAGE GRANTED

1.1 JA CLUB MEMBERSHIP: The domains and licenses are various depending on the length of your membership and you can see the comparision HERE new window. The non-profit domains will not be counted toward the total of licensed domains. You can change to any templates released during your membership period on the licensed domain. Sub domain (john.yourdomain.com) and the main domain (yourdomain.com) will be considered as 1 domain.

1.2 JA DEVELOPER MEMBERSHIP: “JA Developer Membership” holders are given the right to run unlimited instances of any templates or any other products on any domain.
    Licensed domains are unlimited! This is of course good for full time individual web design developers/companies.

The Developer Membership License can be understood as the authorization to use any JA templates/products for clients/3rd parties. This license is a perfect option if you are independent Web/Joomla designers/developers/companies who want to use or develop JA templates/products for your clients.

LICENSED DOMAINS DECLARATION
    You will need to add your site URL to the domains list for each Membership subscription so that our system can validate your licenses. Our Copyright infringement detection robot will research on Google result everyday, any domains using JA Templates Club products without license will be contacted and automatically reported to JoomlArt.
    Total Licensed domains are summarized in Member Area

2. MODIFICATIONS: You are authorized to make any necessary modification(s) to our products to fit your purposes. You may alter the products code for your own use. You may not, however, distribute the original products code or your modified products code without the explicit permission of JoomlArt.com.

3. UNAUTHORIZED USE: You may not place any of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from our company.

4. ASSIGNABILITY: You may not sub-license, assign, or transfer this license to anyone else without prior written consent from our company.

5. OWNERSHIP: You may not claim intellectual or exclusive ownership to any of our products, modified or unmodified. All products are property of JoomlArt.com. Our products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our juridical person be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use our products.

You can edit or remove the JoomlArt copyright information at the bottom of the template. You can claim the copyright notice “All right reserved”, however the claim on creation of the template, such as:”Designed by Your Company”…are not allowed. Allowed: Copyright � 2005 – 2006 Your Company. Developed by Your Company.

6. PRODUCTS DELIVERY: After we have successfully received your payment, your JA membership information will be emailed to the email address you provided during the payment process (2CheckOut or Paypal email). This may take up to 1 hour but usually happens within minutes. If you do not receive an email after this time period, contact us through this website. Upon logging in with the provided credentials, JA members will have instant access to all templates and club forum.

E-mail address must be valid as it will be used for communication purposes. It is strongly recommended to use the email address associated with your company.
    Free emails can be used for registration and checkout process, but orders placed using free email service addresses will be checked more thoroughly and may take longer for activation as a result.

7. ANTIFRAUD : Instant downloads are available! However, some customer purchases can be pending for manual antifraud check up to review of Paypal or 2Checkout. You will receive a detailed email about your payment. Antifraud check occurs due to the growing number of fraudulent transactions from persons who are not actual the cardholders of the credit cards used during purchase.
    8. REFUND POLICY:Since JoomlArt is offering non-tangible irrevocable goods we do not issue refunds after the membership is made, which you are responsible for understanding upon purchasing membership at our site. All license fees are non-refundable.

9. SUPPORT: JA templates and products are delivered ‘as is’, with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you wish or with all 3rd party extensions/products. Further, we offer no support via email or otherwise for installation, customization, administration of Mambo/Joomla etc. Private customer forums are available at our Forums. JoomlArt.com does not commit to monitor these forums, but we reserve the right to respond and answer questions.
    III. DISCLAIMER

JoomlArt.com products are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event shall our juridical person be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or other losses arising out of the use of or inability to use our products. We are not licensed to provide certain true-type fonts (TTF) that might be used on any or all of the provided templates. These require you own or purchase the fonts from their respective owners.
    Last Updated ( Friday, 30 May 2008 )

can you highlight were it says that a developer cannot give a component to a standard member…??? thanks….. when it comes to contracts…. if it doesn’t say exactly those words…. then they can give…

unixboymd Friend

It says it right here. Any JA product MAY NOT be re-distributed or resold without JA’s prior written consent.

If a developer “gives you” the extension, that is re-distribution and I highly doubt that JA will give that developer permission to “give you” their extension for free. Not to mention the fact that what your asking for is software piracy.

What you should be doing is buying the extension directly from JA. But instead you are trying to pull a fast one and screw the JA developers out of some hard earned money. Stop being cheap. If you want the extension that badly, then pay the developer license.

Another option would be to contact JA directly, instead of begging a “developer” member to give you a copy for free, and possibly get themselves into trouble. Perhaps if you contacted JA directly, they may offer you a discount on this one extension, as opposed to paying $500.00 for a “developer” membership.

And BTW, I’ve reported your post of attempted piracy to the JA team. Once they get the report, I’m sure they will be more than happy to “help” you with your request.

operator01 Friend

Excuse me person but…. please relax… you don’t know me….. turn around and enjoy the pretty colors in your happy flag. I am not begging …just asking a question …no need to talk down to me…relax..

they have it for beta… it doesn’t work right… I tried the demo and the make your own function …. and that didn’t work right………… and I bet this other one doesn’t either…….

attempted piracy would have been if I didn’t post this for all to see :laugh::laugh:

and Buddy thanks….. for info….. so anybody can….. ask permission to give it to me….

,,,,, there is already talk of making these extensions available to all..

and since you are rich and 400 bucks is cheap…… i will give you my paypal account and you can give me 100 bucks ….. which is one 4th of 400 …………..

I also posted were to get this …… and someone already came up with spend 400 bucks… yea right…

and since they are taking there time debating if club members should get this I asked ….no harm…

so again….. relax ….enjoy the pretty colors of the rainbow….. and be happy….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  operator01 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum