Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m seeing some very good themes coming out of the WordPress community (along with some very bad ones, of course). There is also a growing movement for using WordPress as a CMS. A suggestion for Joomlart…some of the WP themes out there are very good in terms of layout, content arrangement, etc. Maybe that could be inspiration for some future Joomla templates.

Sometimes it helps to think outside the box and look at the the “other guy” is doing.

I’m also curious, are most Joomla webmasters only using Joomla, or do you use various platforms for various sites? I’m back and forth between Joomla and WP, depending on the needs of the site.

SP Media Friend

I rarely use WordPress, I find it somewhat cumbersome in comparison to joomla and a bit too linear.

Ever since starting with Joomla, it’s all I’ve used as it does everything I need, and bridges with magento, vbulletin, and for those who have a tighter budget, phpBB effortlessly. Due to that, there, for me, is no reason to switch between CMS platforms.

anisjolly Friend

Hey Mark

I hand code most of my sites (PHP / ASP / .NET) but also use joomla as a base for some websites. It all depends on what budget my clients are working with.

I have seen one or two WP themes which have been converted into Joomla templates but can’t remeber where I’ve seen them 😮

reachthesky Friend

I think not only wordpress has really good templates, now, it all depends on what you are planning, but joomla, well is very flexible it has bridges for a lot of apps so you can if you want, use it as base for almost anything you wan think

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  reachthesky 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum