Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’m putting in a bid to take over a Joomla website that currently runs JA Helio. The company wishes to upgrade to Joomla 2.5 (they currently run 1.5.25), but I’m unsure if Helio will run properly with the update. The page devoted to Helio mentions a possible upgrade for 1.7, but Joomla will no longer be supporting 1.7 by the end of this month. I’ve also checked your blog but have been unable to find any current into specific to Helio.

Has the Helio template been abandoned?

Thanks

John Wesley Brett Moderator

There are no plans to update Helio to 2.5 in the foreseeable future…but it is possible to do the migrate what you have up through the Joomla hierarchy. As a Joomlart subscriber you would have available our support staff to help you work through any issue with the template.

Look forward to having you aboard!
    John.

fanho Friend

Hi John,
    I must update the Ja Helio template to work with Joomla 2.5. I have tried many of the tutorials available in the Joomla community but couldn’t make the template to work.
    I have been a customer of Joomlart for a few years and I consider joinning again but I’d like to know if your staff has helped and succeded to update those few templates that were kind of left behind.
    Thank you

I’m sorry, but there are no plans to update JA Helio to Joomla 2.5 +.
    Let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    John.

fanho Friend

Is it realistic to expect the Joomlart support team to help me in the task of updating Ja Helio to joomla 2.5?

If you are asking will we do it for you, no. Joomlancers.com would be the place for that type of intensive work. But will we be here to help you when you run into difficulty by answering questions, yes.

With templates of this age, you would do well to begin with a fresh blank JAT3 and customizing it to look like the old Helio.

cachecan Friend

Hi fanho,

I was having the same problem with a client who wanted to maintain the look and feel of Helio. I ended up downloading Erio (http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_erio/) and customizing it to look like Helio. It took some work, but but the client was quite happy with it in the end.

Good luck,
    Heather

Ninja Lead Moderator

We are busy to upgrade extension and framework to be sync with Joomla 3.0, we have no plan to upgrade Helio Template now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum