Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi guys,

Working on a Beranis based project. Cloned default layout, but here what I’d love to know. I’m using default theme with the cloned layout, but need to make changes to template.css. (There is not theme cloning or so in the tutorial).

My concern is when I update the template that template.css will get overwritten. I tried to clone a theme by creating a new folder and adding in the default css files, but of course it does not appear in Theme tab in Template settings. Will template.css get overriden with template update or not?

Thanks

phong nam Friend

Hi obliat,

There are two main concerns in your question that I will to answer in details below:

<blockquote>1. There is not theme cloning or so in the tutorial.</blockquote>
    Yes. We do publish this T3 documentation on how to use our ThemeMagic feature to clone a new Theme with the guide video.

<blockquote>Will template.css get overriden with template update or not?</blockquote>
    Yes. The template.css and other .css files in default themes will be overwritten by updating the template. So it will be better when you take a backup before udpating the template.

But, if you create and work with the new created theme folder, the modified files in this new theme folder will not be overwritten by upading the template, because updating the template only overwrites the files in our available themes.

In addition, we want to suggest you to update the template via our JAEM component that always takes a backup of old modified site before extracting the template update. By that way, you can roll back the old site if you want.

Or You can try to use our custom.css file to protecting your modification from Compiling Less process.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum