Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

I wouldnt pay for this buggy component unless you get a year refund policy

TomC Moderator

<em>@pdfx 319980 wrote:</em><blockquote>I wouldnt pay for this buggy component unless you get a year refund policy</blockquote>
    So you could use it for a year and then, on the 364th day, demand a refund? …. ummm, okay.

1. roll_eyes
    sharpdome Friend

I’d be happy to test the Joomla 2.5 version. Let me know how I can help. 🙂

itsnexgen Friend

Definately would support here if required my time 🙂

melanieb Friend

Hi,

any news on when it will be released? I had to get rid of the old version as moved to Joomla 2.5 some months ago. The old version never worked properly for me on my old site. I am hoping the 2.5 is released soon as so far i have wasted my money and still no closer to having my jobs board up and running.

pdfx Friend

Arvind posted his post 04-13-2012 10:48 AM and said next week and then 7-10 days, now we are 6 weeks on from that…

Tom. C – So you could use it for a year and then, on the 364th day, demand a refund? …. ummm, okay.

Not at all, if its working component, you dont get or ask for a refund, simple as that!! I have purchased several of the more expensive Joomla Components incuding Jreviews (Superb), RSForm Pro (Superb) Docman (VGood) and they all do exactly as they promise and more with bugs that are almost non existent when released aas they get things right. The support is also second to none, right down to not giving answers like you did above, thats not helpful, there are several of us here not happy with the component and as the component is offered by you as a fully working one, you are offering us a service so I/we have every right to be disillusioned with JA.

Phill Moderator

JA Job Board is a massive component. When you signed up there was never a promise to support J2.5. In fact is was advertised as J1.5 only. To make it work with J2.5 really has been an almost complete re-write from what I understand. JA have commited to getting a J2.5 version out as soon as they can but they are not prepared to release a version early that still has lots of known problems. Just looking at the JA SVN I can see thousands of updates and thousands of lines of code have been commited over the last few weeks and bear in mind this was ontop of a version that looked like it was close to being ready. The JA testing team have been going over things with a fine tooth comb trying to release the best product they can. When will it be ready? As a volunteer I am not privvy to that information. All I can assure you is that the dev and test teams are working overtime and have been for some weeks now to get this product to the JA members. On the JA support team skype I have spoken to both Arvind and Hung at 3, 4 or even 5am VN time (fortunately here in the UK it is at a sensible time for me) and then again just 5 or 6 hours later they have got back up and been working with their dev and test teams to get things out as fast as possible. I am also sure that they will thank you for your extreme patience regarding this massive project.

pdfx Friend

Phil, your points are noted and are the same answers and reasons as others have posted once anyone is not happy, of course its a massive component, of course its a massive job, that is not in doubt and everyone wants it working!!!!
    This is why the price was high and I bought a licence and trusted it worked like many others. I have spoken to many on here feeling the same and they have given up.

As for working on 2.5, I was advised by your team to wait for 2.5, then theres posts on yes its coming, its in dev, then you post we never promised 2.5, this is not about that!!! I am not one of those sitting here stamping my feet I want types! I have paid and been very, very patient. Almost everyone on this forum it seems has not never got 1.5 working fully to a level that you can release to the public and trust with paying clients. In fact they just post and get frustrated usually ending up with the subscription ending or they find another solution. What would i tell my client base if i launch a fragile component? Once the system stops working and I cant fix? Something like “Sorry its a massive component” you cannot pass that buck on.
    I stress this again, I have never bought any component (and I have bought quite a few) at any price that has failed to deliver on the promises of the information and demo you see, just looking at the forum posts and unhappy people increases that.

The whole point goes back to the pricing and sale, this should have been cheaper, or with warnings, this component is still in development and there will be some bugs, purchasing is totally up to you and we would appreciate your help moving the comp forward. This would have been much more suitable because it has potential and you might have sold more with a different approach, but most of us non programmers do not have enormous amounts of cash and choosing one of the most high end cost Components for a project is not a decision taken lightly and in many cases wrongly now.

Paul

melanieb Friend

My subscription runs out shortly too, I have sat patiently waiting for the new release in the hope that I can actually install a working jobs board. I think (to be fair on us all) that they should waiver the subscription fee for those coming up to renewal, for at least a couple of months, so we can at least get a working component and not feel like we have thrown good money after bad. I am certainly not enticed (after my own experience (to renew) as what guarantee is there that the latest release is any better? I would like to ask for my money back, but don’t figure that will happen. So what do you say Joomlart? Waiver the subscription until we all get the new release and hopefully a working component? Turn a negative into a positive here.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

melanieb,

Your membership has been extended by 4 months.

JobBoard for 2.5 is coming out as beta next week and this i can commit to.

Arvind

melanieb Friend

Arvind,

that’s great news – thanks. I shall look forward to it. Hopefully this applies to all those who are in my position?

Kind regards

zorigo Friend

Sooooooooooooooooo happy about this. Saw the blurb in the e-letter this morning! Can’t wait to test it out. How do we find out when oour memberhip expires? I can’t remember what I signed up for or how long.

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@zorigo 324376 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sooooooooooooooooo happy about this. Saw the blurb in the e-letter this morning! Can’t wait to test it out. How do we find out when oour memberhip expires? I can’t remember what I signed up for or how long.</blockquote>

You can always check it under your Member Area @ http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php.
    I attached a screenshot for better illustration

Regards.

1. Where-to-find-the-payment-history
    Darragh O’Sullivan Friend

<em>@drarvindc 324112 wrote:</em><blockquote>JobBoard for 2.5 is coming out as beta next week and this i can commit to.</blockquote>

Any update Arvind? Obviously we want it to be right, but I know that a lot of us are very excited to see the new 2.5 and get it implemented and up-and-running…

Can you give us an idea of your current roadmap for timing (e.g., if it’s going to be three months, let us know) so we can make plans?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

JobBoard 2.5 beta is already released yesterday. I would be announcing the same very soon. Even the documentation has been updated along with migration steps from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5

Please take backup before migrating and also note that it is marked beta as we dont want to take any chances of breaking user sites incase any bug has slipped our testing rounds.

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/Data_Migration

http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/Overview
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/Installation_Guides
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/How_to
    http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Job_Board_2.5/Administration

scroll to bottom of page for navigational links.

Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum