Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello again,

I am testing out Argo, which appears very nice to me! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I have another web site based on T3, which works nicely.

In Argo, there are both T3 and K2. I thought that using T3 would be sufficient, and that I do not need K2.

Could anyone please describe if I can drop using K2, or explain when I should use K2?

Thank you!

Nocrhris

John Wesley Brett Moderator

In a REALLY basic nutshell:

• T3 is the framework that manages your template(s) or website – where things (content, modules, etc.) are layed out and how they appear (blog style, green template, grid size, etc.).
    • K2 manages the actual pieces of content and categories that are displayed IN that framework.

Conversely: You don’t style your single piece of content with T3 and K2 can’t help you put modules on the left or right.

Hope this helps.

onespace Friend

Looks clear

norchris Friend

Thanks for a very clarifying answer JWBrett! I appreciate it a lot!

So, I guess this leaves me to choose K2 or Joomla Articles when it comes to content?

Can I ask you to clarify which one of these I should use?

Norchris

pb66 Friend

If you have a look into the options within K2 you have a lot more power.

K2 gives you more control over categories and information, plus includes some SEO functionality, social plugins, “similar” items, better control over images, links and a number of other items that you just don’t get in the standard Joomla versions.

I’ve always put generic information into Joomla Articles and then used the power in K2 for actual content that I want to connect together.

Enjoy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pb66 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum