Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve opened a support ticket on this issue but as i’ve seen already some nice discussions here I would like the understand the idea behind it.
    What we would like to to is to have some specifiec Items in de content-top, with image, perfectly realisable with the brik system.
    But then i would like to have thea featured K2 items displayed in the mainbody, and this seems not to be possible, there the featured Joomla articles are shown … and I have not yet foudn a way to display the K2 items there.

Why is this behaving so …

Kind Regards, Harry

phong nam Friend

Hi hleboeuf,

“But then i would like to have these featured K2 items displayed in the mainbody, and this seems not to be possible, there the featured Joomla articles are shown … and I have not yet found a way to display the K2 items there.”

>> You can create a K2 categories menu item, then set “Show only featured items” in Featured Items option of Basic Options.
    Now you menu item page will display only featured items of K2 categories.

Regards,

Leo

1. 4-12-2013-10-09-13-AM
    hleboeuf Friend

Ok,

But when my visitor comes to the home-page it’s there that i also would like to display some featured K2 items, not after just a menu click. Once the user starts navigating I know its easy to display K2 items.
    But on the home page (not just in the brik system).

phong nam Friend

Hi hleboeuf,

:p Why don’t you use K2 Categories menu item type for your homepage menu, then follow my above guide for displaying K2 featured items only. ?

Regards,

Leo

hleboeuf Friend

Solved the issue.
    Was as simple as changing the type of my home-menu-item from Joomla Features Articles to K2 Items ….
    Working fine now !

norchris Friend

Hi,

but why use K2 instead of Joomla Features Articles? Could you please write about pros and cons? 🙂

Hilsen Christian

hleboeuf Friend

I want my publishers to work only in 1 envrironment, they are used to create K2 ietsm, tag them, ….
    Some items are featured for a while, then they just display when a user navigates to the category by a menu selection.
    We are a seascouting group, so some ‘urgent’ go onto the featured home page, but when parents choose the news for the group of their aged-children they get all messages since the srating of the year.
    So if I would us both then publishers should recopy the content from an article to a item when the ‘message’ is no longer featured.

splico123 Friend

Excellent post, and to add on this, JA dev team puts both so you see and have an idea how both ways can look, thats why they put both Joomla and K2 articles in demo versions. This is good practise because it covers both user bases.

norchris Friend

Thank you hieboeuf and splico123!

Your posts explains it all nicely. Based on personal preferences, one has the ability to choose publishing environment. Which is good.

I will stick to one of them. 🙂

Norchris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  norchris 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum