Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am so frustrated with the way the JA Developers are getting lazier and lazier it seems????

Why would you for the love of god hardcode the sidebar header title? And this is not the only hard coded text string in the templates. Some are full of this kind of &$^$!!!

I want to know form Arvind (since my other questions get ignored by him too) Why is this happening these days? Same as why can’t i toggle a switch in ACM Slideshow to turn on and off navigation and pagination? Same goes for ACM clients…

These products are not finished. Just like the templates! Why is this? You need more / better staff? Not enough budget to do it the right way?

It’s just simple things but very important!

Now to override a language string i have to copy a f#*$&%(ing tpl-block file to my local/tpls/blocks/ directory.. That is just insane….

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Tom,

Sorry, if I have missed your earlier threads directed towards me.

I stand with you on this one, thats not how the language strings are supposed to be handled. Let me get this one fixed right away.

Regarding toggle in ACM slideshow, I am asking the team for reasons and if it can be added easily or not.

Critical feedbacks are important and I am glad you put it straight forward. I will arrange a workshop for all the extensions and templates to find the hard coded strings and fix them all.

Feel free to add me to skype : joomspot and please let me know the threads I have missed, I shall reply them too and if anything needs to be done, would be added to the backlog.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Tom,

Sorry, if I have missed your earlier threads directed towards me.

I stand with you on this one, thats not how the language strings are supposed to be handled. Let me get this one fixed right away.

Regarding toggle in ACM slideshow, I am asking the team for reasons and if it can be added easily or not.

Critical feedbacks are important and I am glad you put it straight forward. I will arrange a workshop for all the extensions and templates to find the hard coded strings and fix them all.

Feel free to add me to skype : joomspot and please let me know the threads I have missed, I shall reply them too and if anything needs to be done, would be added to the backlog.

Regards

Arvind

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Tom,

We fixed the issues for JA Rent template and it will be updated in upcoming version of this template. In the meantime, we provide the hot fix here so if you guys are interested in can update into your site.

Here is the tweak:

1. Please download the attached package and extract to associated folders/files, there are 3 folders and I put files with modification to fix the issues. You just need to copy each the files to replace current files (I put the files in correct path so you can find the file easier) and remember to backup old files first.

templates/your_default_template/tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php – we removed the hard coding language string, we replaced with a langauge code: TPL_OFF_CAVAS_SIDEBAR so to change the Sidebar langauge string, you just need to define the language in the file: language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_rent.ini
    – Replace 2 files in the foler: templates/your_default_template/acm/slideshow/tmpl – we added new settings for navigation and pagination in the slidehow ACM block
    language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_rent.sys.ini – we added language for new settings in Slideshow ACM block.

If you’re using another language, just make change in that language folder: language/xx-XX/

2. Once you are done with file replacement, open the Slideshow ACM module, save the module and you will see new settings are availabel, you can now configure the settings and get it work.

In case there is still no go, you can PM me the credentials of your site: URL, admin & ftp account, I will help you out.

Thanks so much for your report, it’s much appreciated.

Regards,

Saguaros

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Tom,

We fixed the issues for JA Rent template and it will be updated in upcoming version of this template. In the meantime, we provide the hot fix here so if you guys are interested in can update into your site.

Here is the tweak:

1. Please download the attached package and extract to associated folders/files, there are 3 folders and I put files with modification to fix the issues. You just need to copy each the files to replace current files (I put the files in correct path so you can find the file easier) and remember to backup old files first.

templates/your_default_template/tpls/blocks/off-canvas.php – we removed the hard coding language string, we replaced with a langauge code: TPL_OFF_CAVAS_SIDEBAR so to change the Sidebar langauge string, you just need to define the language in the file: language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_rent.ini
    – Replace 2 files in the foler: templates/your_default_template/acm/slideshow/tmpl – we added new settings for navigation and pagination in the slidehow ACM block
    language/en-GB/en-GB.tpl_ja_rent.sys.ini – we added language for new settings in Slideshow ACM block.

If you’re using another language, just make change in that language folder: language/xx-XX/

2. Once you are done with file replacement, open the Slideshow ACM module, save the module and you will see new settings are availabel, you can now configure the settings and get it work.

In case there is still no go, you can PM me the credentials of your site: URL, admin & ftp account, I will help you out.

Thanks so much for your report, it’s much appreciated.

Regards,

Saguaros

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum