Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

why some of the pictures are bigger in the blog layout in the demo? on my page there are all the same size. intro image is the same as full article image. i don’t use k2 plugin. is it a special img class?

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi blabno,

JA Wall provides some extended class that you can apply to some wall blocks to make it different from others.

Here is the post about the list of classes:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/item-variations/#post-461800

And here how to add class to an joomla standard article.
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-change-the-size-of-coluns-on-frontend/#post-462675

You can apply the same with K2 articles where we also provide the extra field name ‘Extended Classes’

Hope it helps.

Regards

blabno Friend
    seaneo Friend

Hi blabno,

In your example site, the picture widths are all the same size – it’s the picture heights you are inquiring about, right?

my thoughts:

If you want to have accurate same size height and width of pictures, according to the visuals you want for each picture, you have to create that content with a picture editor, otherwise Ja Wall will probably show height according to width, of any given picture.

On the other hand, pictures vary by size due to their very nature, which is pretty cool. I recommend following the standard that Pinterest has set – showing standard columns and the photos within, no matter what the height.

On a third hand, the “grid-double” feature of Ja Wall is very cool too, especially for showing off artists, areas and other special themes..

cheers

**not a moderator or staff, just a guy

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi blabno,

Please describe your problem in details so that we could help.

Regards

blabno Friend

but how you force picture to display in “grid-double” (width of two columns)?

seaneo Friend

in the backend of an article, under “Metatdata options”, in the field of “Extended classes”, that’s where you put “grid-double”, without the quotes.

**not a moderator or staff, just a guy

blabno Friend

thanks.it works great!
    last question…how to disable image captions? i’m using feedgator and it puts strange captions. i have to manually edit every article to remove it. is there any other way to disable captions?

seaneo Friend

good question, and I don’t know the answer – I’m sure you will get an answer from somebody though

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi blabno,

The image caption can be easily turned off by a css hack.
    Just open this file /templates/ja_wall/css/template.css
    Search for ‘p.img_caption’ and then add display: none; in to it

It should be like this.

p.img_caption {
    background: #333
    bottom: 0;
    color: #fff
    font-size: 92%;
    line-height: 1.5;
    margin: 0 !important;
    opacity: 0.7;
    padding: 5px !important;
    position: absolute;
    text-align: center;
    width: 100%;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;

display: none;
    }

You can remove all other rule, just keep only one new rule remain.

Hope it helps.

Regards

rick9890 Friend

Thanks for sharing click here

rick9890 Friend

Thanks for sharing click here

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rick9890 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum